Revision as of 19:42, 8 May 2011 by Kbios (Some issues fixed, added a note for global shortcuts)
Multihead is a configuration where you have independent X servers running on each screen, meaning you also need to run another instance of Plasma, Kwin, …
- KWin doesn‘t start right away but once started manually works fine (patch at https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/101125/), fixed in 4.7 git.
- KDE Splash screen doesn‘t appear on other screens than the primary one (patch at https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/101136/), fixed in 4.7 git.
- Localization doesn't apply properly on the other screens, e.g. Plasma seems to be in English all the time while other programs usually have the correct locale (patch at https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/101133/), fixed in 4.6.3 and 4.7 git.
- Global shorcuts are not working on secondary screens.
- Legacy Startup indicator (bouncing mouse cursor) isn't aware of the other monitors, the new Compositing one works fine
- Cannot create a default panel (with Kickoff, taskbar, systray, clock, …), just an empty one
- New application instances always open on that screen where another one is already opened instead of showing up on the screen from which they were launched
- Mouse pointer garbled sometimes, especially on start up on other monitors
This page was last edited on 8 May 2011, at 19:42. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.