Try and install Plasma from a live CD provided by several Linux distributions.
The Fedora KDE Spin comes with Plasma. New minor Plasma versions are pushed as regular updates for Fedora installations but live media may contain a slightly older release (depending on Fedora’s release cycle).
- Plasma 4 is included in Fedora 21 KDE (maintained until 1 month after the release of Fedora 23).
- Plasma 5 ships with Fedora 22 and above.
KDE neon builds Frameworks and Plasma on a continuous integration system for its Developer Edition.
You can use the stable version for builds from Plasma/5.x branches or unstable version for builds from master branches. The user edition has builds from released software.
- Kubuntu 15.04 was the first Kubuntu release to offer Plasma 5 as a default.
- Kubuntu 15.10 supports Plasma 5.5.3 through Backports.
- Kubuntu CI is a Kubuntu image plus the Kubuntu CI packages using the latest software from Frameworks, Plasma and Applications Git.
- Plasma 4 is included with openSUSE 13.2
- openSUSE Tumbleweed ships the latest stable Plasma 5 release.
- openSUSE Leap ships Plasma 5 but without live images.
- Argon and Krypton are openSUSE live images shipping the latest KDE software from git (unreleased) for Tumbleweed and Leap, respectively.
- SUSE Studio Gallery contains various appliances with KDE Plasma desktop.
- Plasma 4 is included with ALT Linux KDesktop official distribution since 5.0;
- Weekly updated Regular builds include both KDE4 and KDE5 ones (installable LiveCDs built upon our unstable development branch dubbed Sisyphus).