Try and install Plasma from a live CD provided by several Linux distributions.
The Fedora KDE Spin comes with Plasma. New minor Plasma versions are pushed as regular updates for Fedora installations but live media may contain a slightly older release (depending on Fedora’s release cycle).
- Plasma 4 is included in Fedora 21 KDE (maintained until 1 month after the release of Fedora 23).
- Plasma 5 ships with Fedora 22 and above.
- Kubuntu 15.04 comes with Plasma 5.2.
- Kubuntu CI is a Kubuntu image plus the Kubuntu CI packages using the latest software from Frameworks, Plasma and Applications Git.
- Plasma 4 is included with openSUSE 13.2
- openSUSE Tumbleweed ships the latest stable Plasma 5 release.
- openSUSE Leap ships Plasma 5 but there are no official live media for Leap. But openSUSE Leap based KDE Plasma 5 live images can be found in SUSE Studio Gallery.
- SUSE Studio Gallery contains various appliances with KDE Plasma desktop.
- Plasma 4 is included with ALT Linux KDesktop official distribution since 5.0;
- Weekly updated Regular builds include both KDE4 and KDE5 ones (installable LiveCDs built upon our unstable development branch dubbed Sisyphus).