Plasma/GSoC/2012: Difference between revisions

From KDE Community Wiki
< Plasma‎ | GSoC
Line 54: Line 54:
see the available layers of each svg). I will implement this option.
see the available layers of each svg). I will implement this option.

Expected time: approximately one week
'''Expected time: approximately one week'''
Priority:5

'''Priority:5'''

==Task 4==
==Task 4==

Revision as of 16:05, 15 March 2012

Plasmate

Task 1

Problem 1

Right now plasmate doesn't support all the debugging tools which we offer. Those debugging tools live under kde-workspace/plasma/generic/tools.

Solution 1

• Move all the debugging tools from kde-workspace/plasma/generic/tools and kde-runtime/plasma/tools into plasmate's repository(maybe we should rename the repository to Plasma SDK)
  • make plasmate use those tools.

our debugging tools will still live as standalone applications and also us plasmate's plugins. Some of our devs doesn't like plasmate and we shouldn't force them to use it. So having our debugging tools both as standalone application and as plasmate's plugins solves the issue. Regarding the build system I can add the debugging tools and plasmate as option in order not to force some developer to build the entire repository.

Expected time: Approximately one week

Priority: this is the last one(7)

Task 2

Problem 2

Plasmate and plasmoidviewer have duplicate code. Also plasma-previewer(the plasmate's code for plasmoid debugging) is more modular than the plasmoidviewer's code. Plasma-previewer is more modular but plasmoidviewer has more features than the plasma-previewer.

Solution 2

Replace plasma-previewer's code with plasmoidviewer's and make plasmoidviewer's code more modular in order to be reused by plasmate. Also a side note here both plasma components for desktop and for active live with the same names. So in order to use the plasma components for active the developer has to change an environment variable. Plasmoidviewer should provide an option for that (I will add this option).

Expected time: Approximately one week

Priority: pre-last one(6)

Task 3

Problem 3

There is no plasma tool for us to open our svg images add see the available layers. Since we want to offer a nice sdk our users should be able to browse our svgs easier.

Solution 3

Sreich's svgviewer solves the half of the problem(thank you Sreich) the other half(there is no way to see the available layers of each svg). I will implement this option.

Expected time: approximately one week

Priority:5

Task 4

Problem 4

KConfigXT editor isn't finished. There is still some code which has to be written.

Solution 4

Finish the KConfigXT editor and also make it available as a standalone application. All of our debugging tools shouldn't force our developers to use plasmate.

Expected time: approximately 2/3 weeks Priority:4

Task 5

Problem 5

Plasmate's editor doesn't support actions.(Like undo/redo,etc)

Solution 5

Make plasmate support those.

Expected time: approximately 1 week Priority: 1

Task 6

Problem 6

There is no way to install remotely a plasmoid package

Solution6

Create a remote installer, so that you can push a button which copies your plasmoid package onto a device running Plasma (Active) and runs it, so you can try it on a touch screen. That could be done with scp, for example.

Expected time: 2/3 weeks Priority: 2

Task 7

Problem 7

If the user is using plasmate there is no way to see the output of print/console.log

Solution7

Add a console in plasmate which will contain the output from the debugger like plasmoidviewer.

Expected time: 2 weeks Priority:3