Plasma/Activities

From KDE Community Wiki
Revision as of 18:56, 12 September 2010 by Chani (talk | contribs)
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.

Plasma

the plasma side of activities...

bugs

• play/stop/delete icons are misaligned
  • iirc the list gets a bit funny when things resize or go away

functionality

• when plasma is locked, the activitymanager runs away. it shouldn't do that; instead it should disable the add/remove buttons (and maybe stop/play too?)
  • we need a way to rename and set icon from the activity manager. that's the stuff that was in the containment config for 4.5
  • support switching to other-screen containments (explained better on the Multiscreen page
  • templates are only half-implemented. there's no js way to create a new activity, only new containment iirc

polish

• activity manager doesn't show which activity is the current one. some sort of pretty highlight or something would be nice.
  • those remove/stop buttons could be a lot prettier. hover effects n'stuff
  • random wallpaper when creating a new containment?
  • prettify the search filter?

guts

• View::swapContainment could do with cleanup like Activity::open.
  • we should hack something into Context so that it keeps the activity name in sync itself, instead of relying on Activity while KActivity* is in kdebase
  • Activity could pay better attention to its containments, in case they get moved around by something else... it kinda assumes that it has full control when it doesn't.

features

• sorting of the activities (probably by last activation?)
  • 'running'/'stopped' categories that scroll to the first running/stopped activity
  • something in the panel that tells me what activity I'm on and lets me switch quickly

KWin

bugs

• iirc some effects leave 'holes' for windows on other activities. need to check if anyone solved that

features

• special window rules for activities, for those stubborn apps that will never play well (might want to wait until session support is in though)