Plasma Active 2.0 Release Notes (version: 2011-12-14)
KDE Frameworks version: 4.7.4
Note1: We recommend making the installation with your device connected to the power supply.
Note:2 We strongly encourage you to change the default password by opening Konsole and using the passwd utility.
MeeGo Plasma Active Image
- Image Name: basyskom-plasma-active-two-meego-usb-live.iso
- Sha1 Checksum: d39601c59240eb7b263a348ae461da82f43d593a
- Archos G9
- NVidia Tegra 2 system
Default Login Data
- User: root; Password: meego
- User: meego; Password: meego
Please note that only the MeeGo image ships the Peregrine Communicator app.
Image Related Open Build Service Projects
- The MeeGo Core packages are built on http://build.meego.com (snapshot 188.8.131.52.12.20110809.2)
- The KDE Plasma Active Contour RPM packages are built on Project:KDE:Trunk project.
- The Peregrine Communicator RPM packages are built on home:mdfe:peregrine project.
Known Issues / Errata
- Updating from Plasma Active 1.0 to Plasma Active 2.0 is NOT supported due to changes in configuration files.
- Booting up for the first time takes some time. Before the startup of Plasma Active, you will see a black screen with a cursor. Please wait until Plasma Active is completely loaded.
- Creating a second or third extra activity makes plasma-device crash (bug #288972)
- Tapping on the shutdown button may not work on first boot (verified on a Wetab 3G model). If that's the case, please reboot the system by following these steps: open Konsole and run reboot as root. This may halt your device, so you have to press the power button for 10 seconds in order to turn it off and a second time to turn it on (a complete reboot). (bug #228005)
- The network applet doesn't show network information. (bug #288979)
- Bookmarks' icons on bookmarks boxes may change to text file icons.
- Tapping on bookmarks shown on the recommendations overlay adds them to a document box instead of bookmarks one. Tapping on those that have been added works as expected (opens active-webbrowser).
- The back button of the Active Image Viewer doesn't always take you to image grid, but to another image. Workaround: Tap on it another time.
- My First Activity's thumbnail on the activity switcher doesn't match the actual wallpaper used on such pre-filled activity.
- The virtual keyboard is not hidden after tapping on an area outside the overlay. (bug #288828.)
- Pre-filled recommendation of usage manual brings you to a non-existent URL.
- Cannot go back if you tap on a link in the About app. Workaround: you have to close it (bug #288082.)
- Audio is muted by default. Tap on the speaker icon—on the left side of the top bar—to adjust volume.
- Missing support for AVI, MPEG, DIVX, MOV and MP3. Bangarang will crash by trying to play those formats.