Plasma Active 2.0 Release Notes (version: 2011-12-14)
KDE Frameworks version: 4.7.4
Note1: We recommend making the installation with your device connected to the power supply.
Note:2 We strongly encourage you to change the default password by opening Konsole and using the passwd utility.
MeeGo Plasma Active Image
- Image Name: basyskom-plasma-active-two-meego-usb-live.iso
- Sha1 Checksum: d39601c59240eb7b263a348ae461da82f43d593a
- Md5 Checksum:
Default Login Data
- User: root; Password: meego
- User: meego; Password: meego
- Package List
Please note that only the MeeGo image ships the Peregrine Communicator app.
Image Related Open Build Service Projects
- The MeeGo Core packages are built on http://build.meego.com (snapshot 18.104.22.168.12.20110809.2)
- The KDE Plasma Active Contour RPM packages are built on Project:KDE:Trunk project.
- The Peregrine Communicator RPM packages are built on home:mdfe:peregrine project.
Known Issues / Errata
- Updating from Plasma Active 1.0 to Plasma Active 2.0 is NOT supported due to changes in configuration files.
- Tapping on the shutdown button may not work on first boot (verified on a Wetab 3G model). If that's the case, open Konsole and run reboot as root. This may halt your device, so you have to press the power button for 10 seconds in order to turn it off and a second time to turn it on.
- Bookmarks' icons on bookmarks boxes may change to text file icons.
- Tapping on bookmarks shown on the recommendations overlay adds them to a document box instead of bookmarks one. Tapping on those that have been added works as expected (opens active-webbrowser).
- The back button of the Active Image Viewer doesn't always take you to image grid, but to another image. Workaround: Tap on it another time.
- My First Activity's thumbnail on the activity switcher doesn't match the actual wallpaper used on such pre-filled activity.
- The virtual keyboard is not hidden after tapping on an area outside the overlay. (bug #288828.)
- Cannot go back if you tap on a link in the About app. Workaround: you have to close it (bug #288082.)
- Audio is muted by default. Tap on the speaker icon—on the left side of the top bar—to adjust volume.
- Missing support for AVI, MPEG, DIVX, MOV and MP3. Bangarang will crash by trying to play those formats.