MeeGo 1.2 Live and Install Images
Feel free to try out our latest unstable development snapshot of the MeeGo Plasma Contour image. This Image is a adaption of the public meego-tablet-ia32-pinetrail variant and it is bootable on x86 based devices like WeTab, ExoPC or the Idea Pad. Login Data: User meego passwd meego; User root passwd meego
Previous images and additional files could be found on:
Deploying a MeeGo Plasma Countour ISO Image to a Flashdrive
After you have downloaded the ISO image its a good idea to validate the image against transmission errors. An SHA1 checksum file should be available for every image. You can do this by comparing the hash on equality between image and related checksum file via following command:
[email protected]# sha1sum <image file>
In case of an divergent output, please download the image one more time and check again. After that feel free to deploy the image to an not mounted USB flashdrive. In the following example we use the tool 'dd' for this:
[email protected]# dd if=<image file> of=/dev/<USB flashdrive> bs=1M
Please note, the usage of this tool is potential dangerous! In case of an mistaken output device, all data on it will be unrecoverable lost.
To get the correct output device for the this tool, please follow the described steps below:
- 1. Remove all mobile flashdrives from your host system.
- 2. Call the command below and note the output.
[email protected]# cat /proc/partitions
major minor #blocks name 8 0 3000000 sda 8 1 2999998 sda1
- 3. Plug the Flashdrive for deploying into the host system.
- 4. Call the following command and note the output again.
[email protected]# cat /proc/partitions
major minor #blocks name 8 0 30000000 sda 8 1 29999998 sda1 8 16 3872256 sdb 8 17 594944 sdb1
- 5. In this example the correct dd parameter is sdb in the position of <USB flashdrive>.
Deploying a MeeGo Plasma Countour ISO Image to VirtualBox
Before you can starte the image via VirtualBox, please configure the virtual device like below.
VirtualBox OSE Manager
Settings ├── General │ └── Basic │ ├── Name --> e.g. Plasma-contour │ ├── Operating System --> Linux │ └── Version --> Linux 2.6 ├── System │ ├── Motherboard │ │ ├── Boot Order │ │ │ ├── CD/DVD-ROM │ │ │ └── Hard Disk │ │ └── Base Memory --> 1024MB │ └── Processor │ └── Enable PAE/NX ├── Display │ └── Video │ ├── Video Memory --> 128 MB │ └── Enable 3D Acceleration └── Storage ├── IDE Controller │ └── IDE Secondary Master │ └── Set up the virtual CD/DVD drive │ └── <ISO image> └── SATA Controller └── Hard Disk └── Set up the virtual hard disk ├── Dynamically expanding storage └── Virtual Size --> 8.00 GB
Please note, only live image since 2011-07-20-10-50-meego-plasma-contour-in-progress-USB-live.iso are runable via VirtualBox.
The scope of contour development is for usage on tablet devices. By this reason you have to activate the mouse cursor by your self. The following steps explains how make a mouse cursor available
- 1. The boot has finished
- 2. Switch to plain teminal console (tty1) by pressing "right strg" + "f1"
- 3. Login as user root (passwd meego)
- 4. Change to system runlevel 3 (text mode) by
[email protected]# init 3
- 5. Switching back to tty1 by pressing "right strg" + "f1" again
- 6. Edit file
[email protected]# nano /etc/sysconfig/uxlaunch
Remove or comment (#) following line
Save the file via "left strg" + "o" an close by "left strg" + "x"
- 7. Change back to system runlevel 5 (graphic mode) by
[email protected]# init 5
Please note, if you like to install our live image to an VirtualBox hard drive, you have to remove the live image form the virtual CD/DVD-ROM after installation. This will be done after Power off the machine via VirtualBox OSE Manager.
Settings └── System └── Motherboard └── Boot Order ├── CD/DVD-ROM --> disable └── Hard Disk
Booting the Live Image on a WeTab
1. Plug the flashdrive to the WeTab.
2. Get the WeTab running.
3. Press the power (top left underside) + softtouch (top left upperside) button till reboot.
4. Choose inside the boot menu via softtouch button the installation or live mode (short tab to switch entry, long tab to choose).