Known issues in the Plasma 5.2 release.
- KCM Touchpad should take on accelerator of ktouchpadenabler https://bugs.kde.org/342629
- user-manager overlaps Account Details KCM https://bugs.kde.org/342631
Neither of these will be shipped in the stable tarballs.
- No holidays or calendar events displayed in the Plasma calendar - Awaiting KDE PIM libraries to port to KF5/Plasma5.
- KWin does not provide window tabs
- Tooltips on window decoration buttons
- Oxygen window decoration
- Global shortcuts do not work to control activity switching, you can use Meta+Q to toggle activity manager but activity cycle shortcuts Meta+Tab do not work yet. https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=342186
- Aurorae window decoration themes do not support changing button size
Performance of Plasma 5 is heavily dependent on specific hardware and software configurations and usage patterns. While it has great potential, it takes time to wrangle this out of it and the underlying stack is not entirely ready for this either. In some scenarios, Plasma 5 will display the buttery smooth performance it is capable of - while at other times, it will be hampered by various shortcomings. These can and will be addressed, however, much is dependent on components like Qt, Mesa and hardware drivers lower in the stack. Future releases are expected to bring significant performance improvements thanks to fixes at all levels.