- phonon4qt5 is a feature and API equivalent library built against Qt 5 rather than Qt 4. Phonon4Qt5 is built from the same source; requires the cmake option PHONON_BUILD_PHONON4QT5 and a separate build directory from Qt 4.
- phonon4qt5 supports a backend preference system independent of platform plugins and completely implemented using Qt technology.
- phonon4qt5 integrates with Qt 5's QMake and can be used by setting QT += phonon4qt5 in your project file.
- MediaSource(QString) is now deprecated, MediaSource(QUrl) should be used instead.
- New build option PHONON_ASSERT_STATES to debug incoherent or incorrect state changes from the backend.
- Documentation cleanup.
- Normalized internal QObject connections.
- Experimental support for building libphonon using QMake; limited control over feature set and installation path.
- By default both official Phonon backends try to find a matching subtitle file for videos.
- Additional subtitle API (only partially backed by Phonon VLC - see FeatureMatrix) [#300967].
- BluRay support in libphonon (only backed by Phonon VLC) [#279822].
Backend Exclusive API Additions
- New AudioOutputInterface47 allowing backends to get the Phonon Pulseaudio stream mapping ID which can be used together with PulseSupport::streamProperties to prevent [#321288]. Requires PHONON_BACKEND_VERSION_4_7 to be defined as with all new interface versions.
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.