Meet the Akonadi and KDE PIM team at GCDS/Akademy 2009 :)
Meeting / BoF
General planning meeting: 08th July, 18:00 at the beach. Smaller meetings about the technical details during the following days, details TBA.
Please add your stuff here:
- Review and merge PostgreSQL and Sqlite patches for the Akonadi server
- Discuss KNode port to new message view
- Review (also API review) and discuss the state of the various GSoC projects
- Filtering System
- Akonadi-based mail sending
- ResourceBase::Transport (merge?)
- Evaluate state of KContactManager to replace KAddressBook
- Branch planning regarding KMail and KOrganizer porting
- Find a solution for the single-file resource (ical, mbox, etc) bugs with file watching detecting their own changes
Plan for 4.4
- Replace KAddressBook with KContactManager and rename that back to KAddressBook (to be done soonish)
- Merge all work back from akonadi-ports branch soonish, with the following two exceptions
- KMail: Porting should happen in the akonadi-ports branch until it's done, which will likely be for 4.5
- KOrganizer: Similar to KMail, as long as we are doing intrusive changes in there it should stay in the branch.
- Frank will take care of merging the Akregator port
- The filtering framework will continue to be developed in playground until it's done
- The mail transport agent will be merged into trunk soonish, after review of the corresponding changes in kdepimlibs.
- Migration was discussed. The question was on how the dimap cache could be imported, but no clear solution yet.
- How do we deal with mixed mbox/maildir folders?
- Best approach so far: convert to full maildir and import flags from the old KMail index files
- Do we want to import existing DIMAP caches?
- Tricky, as only the resource is allowed to set RIDs
- OTOH we do not want to have legacy import code in the resource
- Get rid of the in-application progress reporting
- Instead use the same stuff KIO uses, which allows a similar level of details and interaction, if not more.
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.