Akregator2 is developed in the akregator_port branch of the kdepim, kdepim-runtime and kdepimlibs repositories.
Running git checkout akregator_port in these three repositories is enough to build Akregator2.
IMPORTANT: Akregator2 will NOT replace Akregator. Both are installed and can be executed at the same time.
The master branch is merged regularly into the akregator_port branch.
The Akregator2 related code is split between kdepimlibs, kdepim-runtime and kdepim.
- Kdepimlibs/krss contains the feed parser and the Akonadi collections handling code.
- Kdepim-runtime/resources/krsslocal is the main RSS resource.
- Kdepim-runtime/resources/tinytinyrss is an Akonadi resource to sync data from a tinytinyrss hosting site.
- Kdepim-runtime/migration/akregator is the migration tool. Please note that the existing Akregator archives are only parsed. No data will be removed.
- Kdepim-runtime/agents/nepomukfeeder/plugins/nepomukrssfeeder.* is a nepomukfeeder plugin.
- Kdepim/akregator2 is the Akonadi based Akregator program.
- Kdepim/kontact/akregator2 is the Akregator2 plugin for Kontact.
Only Akregator2 related commits shall be pushed in the akregator_port branch.
Any other change shall go into master or in the KDE/4.xx branch for bugs fixes.
If your pending changes need to be reviewed, please use Reviewboard.
In the groups list, enter kdepim,
In the people list, enter osterfeld.
Most Important Issues:
- Bug 297662 - Resource crashes when going quickly through unread items.
- Bug 313751 - migrator tool stalls on the first run.
- Bug 313760 - migrator sometimes appends articles to the wrong feed.
- Bug 316376 - articles are not stored locally.
- [TODO] Local storage for feeds. Currently, there's no local storage for Akregator2 data. (maybe use a maildir?)
- [TODO] Result of the above point, the migration tool should also handle locally stored Akregator2 data
- [TODO] basic periodic fetching (can this be implemented using CachePolicy?)
- [TODO] highlighting feeds currently fetched (in the old resource this was done using a custom dbus interface. Is that the only option? maybe use collection properties)
- [IN PROGRESS] (Alessandro) move interval fetching and archive options configuration to a resource configuration dialog