Difference between revisions of "PIM/Akonadi/SearchInfrastructure"
(Add notes about feeder agent issues.)
m (3 revisions imported)
Latest revision as of 13:01, 11 March 2016
All about the search infrastructure of Akonadi.
Concept of the Akonadi search infrastructure:
- SPARQL: de-facto standard by now (used by Nepomuk and Tracker), but way too complex for automatic query transformations.
- XESAM (?)
- fast enough
- persistent/live search with change notifications
- Nepomuk with Sesame2 or Virtuoso
- Tracker (?)
- XESAM (?)
Delegation to Resources
- Requires query transformation
- Requires management for live searches
- Requires the ability to report search results (needs protocol extension) [done by now]
Virtual collections are used to report results, for details see PIM/Akonadi/VirtualCollections.
Nepomuk Feeder Agents
- The delete/add approach removes otherwise added information such as tags when an item is modified.
- Category to tag conversion uses non-Fast Nepomuk resources.
This page was last edited on 11 March 2016, at 13:01. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.