This is a tech preview of the User Edition of KDE neon.
It includes KDE Frameworks and Plasma built from stable released software, at time of launch that's Plasma 5.6.3. It uses Qt 5.5 (Qt 5.6.0 still has a bug which breaks Plasma). It uses the foundation of Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.
Updates for KDE neon packages will be available shortly after releases by each KDE project.
There are no KDE Applications installed or built for Neon currently; we will add these shortly, but you can install many of them from Ubuntu archives.
KDE neon download
- No KDE Applications and only xterm installed KDE neon Todo
- The archive location is not final, we will move it to a permanent location soon
- UEFI (and Secure Boot) not working KDE neon Todo
- Installer not listed in favourites
- Installer's Prepare page is broken ubiquity bug
- Installer final page allows continue button to be pressed which leads to early crash (weird this one, nothing reported yet as I've no idea how to diagnose it)
- Live system boot splash syslinux/isolinux has a black bar at the top
- Boot system splash Plymouth has the wrong version number (5.6.95), this is a bug in Plasma
KDE neon User Edition Tech Preview Testing Questionnaire
Fill in the questionnaire to let us know what issues our users are running into.
You can report bugs on KDE software to http://bugs.kde.org
You can report bugs specific to KDE neon also on bugs.kde.org using the Neon product
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.