- Why is it important? What does it do?
- More people
- Better retention of users and contributors
- More diverse community
- Faster integration of PR volunteers
- Positioning, project perception, branding
- Cross polination
News release requirements:
- A brief description of what the project does
- Link to the website
- Announcements get forwarded, lots of journalists are signed up on announce lists and often forget they're on such lists.
- 30 seconds
- Does the project solve a problem?
- Is it easy to use?
- "<ABC> is the <special or best> <thing> for <certain kinds of people> who want <something awesome>, <in the way they want to do it>."
- Example: "Moodle is the free web application that educators can use to create online learning sites, that are effective."
- Example: "<Drupal> is the <easy> <web development platform> that allows <anyone> <to organize, manage and publish their content>, <with an endless variety of customization>
- Phonon is the Qt library for developers who want to play multimedia effortlessly.
- <KDE Multimedia> is the <amazing> <collection of applications> that lets <anyone> <organize, manage, and enjoy multimedia> <exactly how they want to>.
- No need to mention the license. If they want to know that, they'll ask. It isn't a selling point.
This page was last edited on 2 July 2012, at 12:54. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.