2nd Marble Developer Weekend Sprint, October 19-21 2012
We'd like to invite all people who are interested in Marble Development: may it be through coding, graphics design, promotion, packaging, documentation, website or other areas.
The Marble Developer Weekend Sprint will be held at the OpenSUSE Conference 2012 in Prague.
You have an interesting story to tell about Marble? You'd like to make Marble a great educational tool? You've built some software based on Marble? You're a Marble newbie and you'd like to get involved with KDE-EDU or Marble development? You dream of Navigation and Routing with Marble? -- We'd like to see you at the sprint!
The Marble Weekend Sprint is sponsored by the KDE e.V.. Thanks a lot for supporting Marble!
The Marble Sprint will be held from October 19-21, with the following basic schedule:
- 19.10. arrival, starting from 16:00 local time (Friday). We will probably do some quick sight seeing tour in the evening and have dinner together.
- 20.10. sprint (Saturday), Lightning talks after noon.
- 21.10. sprint (Sunday) and departure starting from 18:00 local time.
- 22.10.-23.10. Marble Hacking Marathon
Location & Accomodation
The 2nd Marble Developer Weekend will be held at the OpenSUSE Conference 2012 in Prague. We will get a special dedicated room for our Marble sprint.
For Accomodation the same suggestions apply as for the OpenSUSE conference: See the webpage Accomodation on the openSuSE Conference website for more details.
Hotel Krystal is one of the primary addresses there and costs about 40 EUR for two persons per night.
How to get there
The column "Sponsoring needed?" is to know if you need sponsoring from the KDE e.V. or if you pay the travel/stay by yourself.
|Name||Arrival||Departure||Airport||Flight||Train||Food preferences||Estimated travel costs||Sponsoring needed?||Work||Special|
|Torsten Rahn||rahn AT kde DOT org||19.10.||21.10.||none||none||?||No apples ;-)||90 € + accomodation||yes||Marble Core Developer||Event organization|
|Dennis Nienhüser||earthwings at gentoo dot org||19.10. 16:30||21.10. 15:30||none||none||yes||none||120 € + accomodation||yes||Marble Core Developer||yes|
|Friedrich W. H. Kossebau||kossebau at kde dot org||19.10. 13:26||21.10. 16:29||none||none||yes||none||90 € + accomodation||yes||Calligra map shape||no|
|Utku Aydın||utkuaydin34 (at) gmail (dot) com||19.10 20:15||21.10 19:05||PRG||yes||none||veg. & no alcohol||295 € + accomodation||yes||Contributor||no|
|Bernhard Beschow||bbeschow at cs dot tu dash berlin dot de||19.10.||21.10.||none||none||yes||none||€ 70,25 + accomodation||yes||Marble Core Developer||no|
|Jens-Michael Hoffmann||jmho at jmho dot de||19.10.||21.10.||none||none||?||?||?||?||Marble Core Developer||?|
15:00-18:00 Arrival at the hotel
Starting at 9:00 We'll have a set of short presentations:
- "Let's get the Marble rolling ...", Torsten Rahn - "Research Projects using Marble (you probably didn't expect)", Dennis Nienhüser
- Workshops, coding and discussions
In the evening: Dinner
- Coding and discussions
- Summary, press release preparation
In the evening: Departure
To be discussed: Since we will only have little time available for presentations and workshops we thought about having some short lightning talks on saturday or sunday.
Feel free to make suggestions. State of :
- Android / Plasma Active port (Marble Touch). - UI (desktop/small devices) - Routing - OpenGL - ESA SoCiS
- Tiles - GeoPainter / drawing - GeoData / ModelView - Plugin APIs - Architecture/Design/APIs - Coding Style - Maps: Natural Earth