Marble/NewMarbleMoldules: Difference between revisions

From KDE Community Wiki
No edit summary
Line 3: Line 3:
==Marble Qt Library==
==Marble Qt Library==

* It's <b>Qt Only</b>.
* It's <b>Qt Only</b>. No KDE dependencies.
* Contains the actual Marble library. Suggested package name: "libmarble".
* Contains the actual Marble library. Suggested package name: "libmarble".
* Contains the base data. This includes the most basic maps: <i>Atlas</i>, <i>Satellite</i>, <i>OSM</i> and <i>Plain Map</i>. Suggested package name: "libmarble-data".
* Contains the base data. This includes the most basic maps: <i>Atlas</i>, <i>Satellite</i>, <i>OSM</i> and <i>Plain Map</i>. Suggested package name: "libmarble-data".
* Contains all base <i>plugins</i>.
* Provides the Marble Qt application (Executable: "marbleqt") as an example application (Compilation of this part can be switched off at wish).
* Provides the Marble Qt application (Executable: "marbleqt") as an example application (Compilation of this part can be switched off at wish).
* Located in SVN at =kdesupport/libmarble=
* Located in SVN at =kdesupport/libmarble=
Line 12: Line 13:
==Marble KDE application==
==Marble KDE application==
* Provides the Marble Application (Executable"marble"). Suggested package name: kdeedu-marble.
* Provides the Marble Application (Executable"marble"). Suggested package name: kdeedu-marble.
* Provides KPart. Actual location of this part in SVN needs to be evaluated for best reuse.
* Provides the KPart. Actual location of this part in SVN needs to be evaluated for best reuse.
* Provides optional data ( Moon, Historical Map, Precipitation, Temperature, etc.)  
* Provides optional data ( Moon, Historical Map, Precipitation, Temperature, etc.)  
* Located in SVN at kdeedu/marble
* Located in SVN at kdeedu/marble
==Other==
* What should happen to the worldclock plasmoid?

Revision as of 19:11, 7 January 2010

Starting with KDE 4.5 the Marble source code is supposed to be reorganized:

Marble Qt Library

• It's Qt Only. No KDE dependencies.
  • Contains the actual Marble library. Suggested package name: "libmarble".
  • Contains the base data. This includes the most basic maps: Atlas, Satellite, OSM and Plain Map. Suggested package name: "libmarble-data".
  • Contains all base plugins.
  • Provides the Marble Qt application (Executable: "marbleqt") as an example application (Compilation of this part can be switched off at wish).
  • Located in SVN at =kdesupport/libmarble=
  • Provides Qt development documentation, bindings and tools for Marble. Suggested package name: libmarble-dev).

Marble KDE application

• Provides the Marble Application (Executable"marble"). Suggested package name: kdeedu-marble.
  • Provides the KPart. Actual location of this part in SVN needs to be evaluated for best reuse.
  • Provides optional data ( Moon, Historical Map, Precipitation, Temperature, etc.)
  • Located in SVN at kdeedu/marble

Other

• What should happen to the worldclock plasmoid?