Reason for this meeting
Have a meeting with the new Kubuntu Council and write down the Kubuntu Vision (Manifesto), and discuss about who we are, where we are going, why are we doing this.
In this meeting we SHOULD NOT DISCUSS:
- technical implementation of anything
- go into in depth details about how to do a specific task, that involved dev or packaging
In this meeting we MUST DISCUSS:
- Community management
- Team communication
- Project partnerships
- Project vision
What is a vision?
- Who are we (Kubuntu) in the world?
- What do we want to achieve?
- Why are we doing this?
- What are our communication channels?
- Between devs
- With our users
- Code of conduct
- When do we use each communication channel and why?
What to do:
- Priority 1: Document the workflow
- General steps at first and then go more in depth
- Priority 2: Document how to setup a machine for development
- Have a ready made VM / container with an init script for personal details
- Implement a merge request system and protocol for ANY changes in the tools we use and have control over
- New ideas to be discussed in the merge request or before
This is meant to be a discussion on how we can benefit from and help other projects work. This way we don't duplicate effort with other projects's.
- what are they doing that we can use, and not do AGAIN ourselves?
- what tools do they use that we can reuse?
- what workflow do they have that we can inspire from?
- Partnership with Ubuntu
- Partnership with KDE
- Partnership with Debian
To be noted...
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.