This page is linked directly from the Ubuntu Fridge, so please click here to return.
This page is aimed to planning Kubuntu meetings on #ubuntu-meeting on Freenode.
Reason for this meeting
In recent weeks we have been stepping on toes with uploads and changes that not everyone understands. We need a plan that everyone agrees on and understands. We need follow each other in the same direction not different ones.
Steps when changing a design of it or adding/removing a feature: Since all the developers use KCI very heavily, it might make sense to talk about a change that might effect the way that it works.
Case in point the recent change to the way that KCI checks PPA's.
Planning for the Zesty Zapus cycle
(Released April 2017, EOL January 2018)
Frameworks tags on first Sat of the month and release on following Thursday
Plasma release schedule: [copied from https://community.kde.org/Schedules/Plasma_5; subject to change]
- 5.8.3 LTS Bugfix - Tue 2016-11-01
- 5.8.4 LTS Bugfix - Tue 2016-11-22
- 5.8.5 LTS Bugfix - Tue 2016-12-27
- 5.9 Repo Freeze - Thu 2016-12-29: Repo freeze, list of tars for release frozen today, no new repositories will be included in release after this.
- 5.8.95 - Feature freeze and Beta - Thu 2017-01-12 T: Message and feature freeze, Plasma/5.9 branch made
- 5.9.0 Release Thu 2017-01-26-Tue 2017-01-31: Final tag, only urgent fixes approved by release dude after tars please
- 5.9.1 Bugfix Tue 2017-02-07
- 5.9.2 Bugfix Tue 2017-02-14
- 5.8.6 LTS Bugfix Tue 2017-02-21
- 5.9.3 Bugfix Tue 2017-02-28
- Thursday, October 13, 2016: KDE Applications 16.08.2 release
- Thursday, November 10, 2016: KDE Applications 16.08.3 release