Krita Sprint 2011
- plan is the first half of the 2011
- LGM is in 10.5.2011 - 13.5.2011 (May)
- Calligra sprint in 1.4.2011 - 3.4.2011 (April)
- maybe Linuxhotel, Essen, Germany -- weekends available
- or maybe Blender Instiute, Amsterdam, Netherlands -- Ton needs more information
|Name||estimated travel costs||accommodation needed?||sponsorship needed?||Arrives||Leaves||Travel information||availability|
|Lukáš Tvrdý||not yet known||yes||yes||friday||sunday||by airplane or train|
|David Revoy||around 300€||yes||yes||fri/sat||sun/mon||by airplane (Toulouse)|
|Timothée Giet||around 300€||yes||yes||friday||sunday||by airplane or train|
|Boudewijn Rempt||not yet known||yes||yes||friday||sunday||by airplane or train|
|Sven Langkamp||Blender Institue ~80€ Linuxhotel ~0€||yes||yes||friday||sunday||by train|
|Dmitry Kazakov||around 320€||yes||yes||friday||sun/mon||by airplane|
|Silvio Grosso||n/a||not in Amsterdam||yes||friday||sun/mon||n/a|
|Cyrille Berger||around 150€||yes||yes||friday||sun/mon||by airplane|
|Bugsbane||XXXX€||yes||yes||Friday||Sun/Mon||by airplane||Anytime except Early - mid October|
- David Revoy
- Silvio Grosso
Possible other invites:
- maxy -- can help out with mypaint paintop implementation problems within Krita
- Peter Sikking -- we have set of the interaction problems in Krita (TODO: make a list of them)
- pippin -- discussions about the performance of the Krita
- demonstration of the various other painting software -- what do you miss in Krita?
- goals for the next 12 months
- breakout sessions on various topics.
Outlines of the first organization meeting
Live version is here: http://piratepad.net/KritaSprintOutlines
Ideas for sprint Performance: 1) Photoshop7 as a reference of performance 2) Long time ago it was believed that the lack of speed was provoked by general code to support many colorspaces (PS7 and Gimp (used to) support RGB,CMYK,G only). We need to prove or refute this statement. 3) Discuss multithreaded subsystem for tools (dmitryK + ?) 4) Based on 3) discuss abilities to implement mipmapping (as a long-term plan) 5) Automatic speed-regression testing (like the thing implemented by pippin) 6) ROI for the scheduler -- are we interested in it, how much performance we can gain with it?
Krita is the greediest raster graphics app I have seen in action. We need to somehow fix our memory consumption, for instance through in-memory compression of tiles.
Technologies: OpenCL does not provide toolchain, Photoshop is faster without SSE3 (and, probably without OpenGL (need check),
Organization: 1) either focus on one topic (performance vs usability) votes: performance : LukasT, dmitryK, Animtim usability (that empowers performance) : Bugsbane 2) having both: a) parallel BoFs b) one day performance, one day usability 3) a general track on day 1, BoF on day 2
pippin is interested, but might be occupied
Some non-related topics: 1) Discuss the system to save arbitrary data between strokes (DmitryK + LukasT) 2) Listem to a lecture from LukasT on the topic "Brush Mask Generation and Friends" (DmitryK) =) 3) Comic Book Studio 4) Release a training DVD about comics drawing with Krita (Animtim)