Krita/Scripting

From KDE Community Wiki
Revision as of 17:42, 29 May 2015 by Cyrille (talk | contribs)

This page is going to collect ideas on how to write the new scripting API for Krita 3.x

IRC log

19:22 < a----> C------B perhaps I think layer management would be important and useful to start with 19:22 < a----> E.g. adding a layer, positioning a layer and controlling common attributes like opacity special layers like masks etc. can come later. 19:23 < C------B> a----: that is actually what I am looking at now 19:24 < a----> that would be a good place to start I think. 19:24 < a----> Things like brush engines, brush opacity control are better done from within Krita and should not need to be used externally. 19:28 < A-----o> C------B, I'd love to make a plugin that deletes the current layer (or fills it with a color) when I lift the pen from the tablet, so I guess being able to listen to pen

events would be cool

19:28 < A-----o> C------B, I'd also love to make some plugins that allow you to use external hardware to control e.g. brush parameters, so that would be cool 19:33 < a----> C------B I think its better to start from the outside gross functionalioty and then go to more deeper layers of Krita like an onion.