Krita/How To Write Brush Engines

From KDE Community Wiki
Revision as of 10:24, 7 July 2010 by Halla (talk | contribs) (Created page with '= What is brush engine = TODO = How to write brush engine = TODO = Presets = Backward compatibility, version is another property, look at kis_pressure_rate_option.cpp : setti...')
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.

What is brush engine

TODO

How to write brush engine

TODO

Presets

Backward compatibility, version is another property, look at kis_pressure_rate_option.cpp : settings->setProperty("MyAttributeVersion","3.14")

FAQ

• What happens if I implement both PaintAt and PaintLine in a paintop?

If you implement paintLine, paintAt will not be called. If you look at KisPaintOp, you can see that paintAt() is called in paintLine() method.

• What should I use to debug my code? printf? clog? qDebug()?

Be wise and look at kis_debug.h, there you find some defined named outputs. You can use it like (similary to qDebug(), cout()): dbgPlugins() << "Hello" << QRect() << KisPaintInformation;

You can turn on and off the areas of debugging (plugins ,ui, core, ...) with kdebugdialog utility in KDE