Started by Jstaniek 21:26, 28 February 2011 (UTC)
The goal is to harmonize naming and UX between the Reports and Forms modules. Since Reports are younger than Forms, and Reports are effectively a much improved and integrated port of a 3rdparty software (OpenRPT) to Kexi, most proposed changes apply to Reports.
Status: planning, in progress
Form Widgets/Report Elements
- Report's element "Image": change to "Image Box"
- Report's element "Field": change to "Text Box"
- for bound element, display only name, not ": textarea"
- display [>] icon for the bound element, as in forms 
- Property "Control Source": change to "Data Source"
- Long-term UI change: move this propety to the Data Source Tab as in Forms
- Long-term UI change: (Everywhere) Replace report's Position(X/Y);Size(Width/Height) with Geometry(X,Y,Width,Height) as in forms (use the same property editor)
- Do not display #xxxxxx hex codes for color properties (this is technical detail)
- "Line style" property type: display "None" translated text as the first item, instead of empty area (UX improvement, does not affect the format)
- (Everywhere) Replace report's i18n'd property name "Horizontal Alignment" with "Hor. Alignment"
- (Everywhere) Replace report's i18n'd property name "Vertical Alignment" with "Ver. Alignment"
- When copy/pasting elements, paste at position of the recent right-click (as in Forms)
Long-term UI changes
- improve usability of the report's Data Source tab