What kdenlive 18.12 will bring you
A new refactored timeline
We have changed the way timeline tracks work. Each track is now either audio or video, and will only accept audio and video clips respectively.
When dragging an AV clip from the project bin in timeline, the clip will be automatically split, the video part going on an audio track, and the video part on an audio track.
- Tracks can be resized
- You can switch live between different layouts (audio tracks interleaved with video tracks, or together below the video tracks)
You now have the possibility to move clips and compositions with your keyboard. To do it, select a clip in timeline and use the "Grab Current Item" (Shift+G) function from the Timeline menu. You can then move the item with your arrow keys.
- configurable thumbnails for each track
- Clip name always displayed when scrolling
- Individual clips can now be disabled (still in timeline but with no audio and no video - works for all clip types)
- Faster timeline preview - with support for hardware accelerated encoding
- Improved feedback on move/resize
- Improve management of proxy clips (can now be deleted for each clip)
- Shortcut icon to drag only the audio or only the video of a clip in timeline
- Support multiple guide overlays
- Added configurable visual guides
Effects and Compositions
- You can now define preferred effects and compositions. These will appear in the timeline context menus and in the effect/composition baskets for easier access
- When dragging a composition from the list into timeline, it will automatically adjust its duration (to fit the entire clip or the duration of a clip overla depending on the context)
Since a long time, Kdenlive allowed users to download extra user contributes resources from store.kde.org. These download options have now been moved to more logical places instead of the "Settings" menu. Title templates can be downloaded from the Titler dialog, Render profiles from the Render dialog, Luma compositions from the Composition list and Shortcut layouts from the Shortcuts dialog.