- Virtual Keyboard need to be somehow controlled by KWin to ensure that no input can be injected
- Screenshots need to be restricted to KWin. Solution: move KSnapshot to KWin, remove D-Bus interface for Screenshots
- Global Shortcut handling needs to be moved to KWin. Easy with kglobalaccel being moved to KWin, but what about non-KDE applications?
- Need Video Buffer support, Phonon devs? Requires complete new coding path in compositor.
- Usage of overlays (looking into the scene graph, selecting e.g. RGB overlay)
- Input redirection (useful e.g. Present Windows, thumbnails)
- event to window when it switches the screen (what about screen overlapping windows?)
- screen management might need to move to KWin
- one framebuffer per screen (requires changes in the compositor rendering path, could be handled in the OpenGL backend?)
- XWayland allows us to have TFP from a Wayland buffer instead needing the XComposite. That might be very handy to go to Wayland fast. We can talk to X as we used to be. Normal KWin::Client will do, just needs different TFP path. Might cause some deadlock as KWin would be a client of X and X a client to KWin
- PID available thanks to socket, makes killing hung Clients rather simple
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.