- Where do we want to be in n years.
We can all share and present our potentially crazy dreams, ideas and goals. This should probably be done in the evening on the sofa with some beers :)
- Boosting development.
Development has slowed a bit in recent months we need this to pick up, some new people and some of the existing devs to step into maintainership roles maybe?
- KF5 Porting, Tp 1.0 Porting
How do we manage these two at once? What impact will each have? What timeframes are we looking at?
- Preload the contact list
See https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=332497. I'm massively against, but I'm very intrigued where the slowdown is. valgrind showed me nothing; it could be waiting on akonadi.?
Mini project ideas:
- Getting our entire stack compiled and running on Telepathy 1.0 This means a bit of work in TpQt, and getting all this ready to be
merged upstream into a branch
- KDE Frameworks porting. Getting our applets up and running on Plasma Next
- Pimping the Call UI. Our Call UI looks like it's from the late 90s. I want it pimped and
to be a central feature of our next release anouncement .
Thomas and including the VDG would be good here. Can people please
install QtGstreamer1.0 before the sprint (http://community.kde.org/KTp/Tasks/NewCallUI) so we can do some testing.
- Writing unit tests and merging the serverside bindings upstream and
making a TpQt release
This will be about as exciting as it sounds.
- KDE Connect SMS support. For the task above we'll be writing a basic CM for the Tp examples
folder with signals for new messages being sent and a slot for sending. From here it would be a good base for someone to maybe add this (hint?)
- Better group chat support I've heard people from two corporations now say KTp sucks for
jabber conference rooms.
I want _everyone_ here to create a kdetalk.net account and join me
in firstname.lastname@example.org for the duration of the sprint. Then we can see what sucks, and try and fix it.
- Now Playing / KDED Module rewrite I am sick of this 300 line bit of code is constantly having bugs
after bugs and hundreds of people poke it.
- Profiling startup times.
- Bug fixing.