- The current code is wrong by design, needs to be replaced.
- Build a simple Qt library that exports the whole call application logic with a QML-izable interface, using QtGStreamer/farsight/farsight utils/telepathy-qt4.
- Build a GUI that possibly consists of a standard KXmlGuiWindow that embeds a QDeclarativeView, which implements the call GUI.
- Needs telepathy-qt4 to export interfaces for the Call spec.
- tp-qt4-yell exports them now. will soon be merged to tp-qt4.
- Needs a QML video widget in QtGStreamer.
- this is work in progress.
- we need it if and only if we build the interface using QML.
How it all blends together
telepathy-qt-yell provides the Tpy::CallChannel class, which wraps the Channel.Type.Call d-bus object. From this object, we create a TfChannel (provided by tp-farstream) and we wrap it in a QTf::Channel object (provided by libqtf inside the call-ui repository; this is qt-gstreamer based bindings for tp-farstream). This TfChannel object does all the internal communication with the CM and constructs some GStreamer bin (using farsight2/farstream internally) that will do all the streaming. On this bin, we connect our GStreamer sources and sinks using the QtGStreamer API.
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.