We use ther autotests term because these are not always just unit tests but also functional.
All stored in SRC/autotests/ (subdirs).
Data for given group of tests stored in a data subdir.
The .kreport format
Code stored in SRC/autotests/format. Data in SRC/autotests/format/data.
Types of tests identified:
- Inserts some elements onto the report sections, save to the .kreport design format, then the markup is compared with the sample
- Opposite direction: load .kreport designs, verify if report elements and their properties are as expected
- Roundtrip: load the .kreport designs, save back immediately, compare with the original
- Collect .kreport samples for test cases for legacy elements/formats, use above tests with them
- Example: the field element
For KReportWriter implementations.
- Load a sample, load some data, write using a KReportWriter, verify the result
Kexi 2.x Reports offered some limited scripting. The task is to collect all supported cases for that in a form of .kreport samples. Testing can be identical to the Writers autotests explained above.