This page is for planning of the first KDE e.V. sprint to be held in November 2011. For date, location, and list of participants see https://sprints.kde.org/sprint/31
- 1 Goal
- 2 Schedule
- 3 Most important topics
- 4 Important topics
- 5 Other topics
The goal of this sprint is to bring together a group of active KDE people to get work done on the most important topics concerning KDE e.V. It's meant as a step and model towards scaling our ability to work on KDE e.V. activities beyond what the board is doing.
We need to support KDE e.V. in its three-fold mission of representing, supporting, and providing governance to the community. Our current strategy is to promote the value of KDE software and the KDE community and its underlying values to individuals and corporations to get financial and practical support. The primary focus of our activities to support the community is to enable people to have productive face-to-face time. Our main activities in this area are Akademy and sprints.
To support our activities we need to intensify our efforts to build a network and ecosystem of individuals and organizations which share our interests and values. This will strengthen our community and broaden the scope and potential of what we are doing and are able to do in the future.
Saturday, 19th November
9:00 Welcome and start of sprint, common session to get an overview about the topics and to form small breakout groups for specific topics.
10:00 Breakout groups for specific topics
14:00 Common session to check on the groups, possibly rearrange groups
14:30 Breakout groups
18:00 Common session to review first results
18:30 End of first day
Sunday, 20th November
9:00 Common session to form small breakout groups for specific topics.
9:30 Breakout groups for specific topics
14:00 Common session to review results
14:30 Breakout groups
18:00 Common session to review results
18:30 End of sprint
Most important topics
Join the game campaign
- Join the Game website -> Emil Sedgh?
- fixing remaining problems (Claudia has a list)
- add recurring payments for Paypal
- Join the Game promo -> Claudia Rauch
- ideas to promote the program
- ideas how to sustain members and get them to promote it to their friends
- what happens with members that stop their payments? ideas how to draw them back in/make payment easier
Corporate supporting membership program
- corporate supporting membership program material and patron's forum -> Till Adam
- finish/rework introductory material
- define goals/tasks/expectations of patron forum
- define/set-up what corporate partners get in return (mailing list for patrons, jobs list, ?)
- set-up of initial website
Thank you page policy
Budget and goals 2012
- sprints.kde.org (make it full-featured enough to support the whole sprint planning process) -> Emil Sedgh?
Formalizing task forces
- formalizing of task forces -> Till Adam
- work out a process and structure for task forces in the e.V. and document them
- list areas where we should have task forces and who could be on them
- research/evaluate existing policies
- draft one for KDE and propose it
New members questionnaire
- brainstorm what is wrong with the current one
- draft a new one and propose it to membership
- organization of country KDE associations and country-oriented confs
- SugarCRM setup -> ?
- KDE swag
- brainstorm ideas and discuss if this could be a source of revenue for the e.V.