KDE Visual Design Group/Plasma 5.18 Wallpaper Competition
Submit your designs to the subforum we have set up for the competition.
- The design of your wallpaper must be original and created specifically for the contest
- The design of your wallpaper must be released to KDE under a copyleft license (CC By, CC By-SA), or released into the public domain or equivalent (CC0)
- Even if your work is not picked as the default wallpaper, your submission may still be included in Plasma 5.16 or used with future releases
- You can submit up to 3 entries
- Image files must be in PNG format, preferably accompanied by the source files in a non-proprietary format (Inkscape-compatible SVG, blend, kra, xfc, etc.)
- The minimum size for your submission must be 4K (3840x2160), although 5K (5120x2880) is preferred. Optionally, a phone-sized (1080x2280) wallpaper for Plasma Mobile can also be submitted
- Do not add the Plasma version number into your wallpaper. Any logos or text, such as the (Plasma logo) should be tastefully integrated into the design of the wallpaper itself, not just added on top as text
- A jury made up of members of KDE's Visual Design Group (VDG) and other KDE community members will decide the winner. There will be only one winning wallpaper and the decision of the jury is final
- The organisers will disqualify and erase any entry that is racist, sexist, demeaning or inappropriate in any way. Disqualifications and deletions are final and cannot be recurred
- The deadline for submissions is midnight (UTC) on 29/05/2019
WORK IN PROGRESS!
Help and Feedback
You can ask the VDG for help and feedback any time during the competition! Just join the #kde-vdg channel on Matrix or the freenode IRC channel (which is bridged to the VDG Telegram room, if you prefer Telegram).
Also check out the discussion in the competition's subforum to get tips and feedback.
Previous Wallpapers for Inspiration
Previous wallpapers, made by the artist Ken Vermette, can be found on this page. This is just meant to help you design the wallpaper, and following the style is not mandatory. Here are the most recent ones: