< KDE Visual Design Group | HIG | Style
KDE Visual Design Group/HIG/Style/Typography
The guideline helps ensure that typography is used in such a way it is always in harmony with the overall visual design.
- While KDE Workspace users can alter the fonts used throughout the workspace and in applications, the visual design uses Oxygen as the reference typeface.
- Typography is treated like any other graphic element when considering spacing and alignment.
- The number of typeface variations (bold, italic, size, caps, color) are kept to about three in any single design.
- Use each typeface variant consistently. e.g. Titles or headings should share a similar typeface. Captions should all share a similar typeface.
- Multi-line blocks of text are either left or right aligned; center alignment for multi-line blocks of text is avoided.
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.