Difference between revisions of "KDE Visual Design Group/HIG/SOU Workspace/Rich Manipulation List"
m (3 revisions imported)
Latest revision as of 12:21, 30 March 2016
Rich Lists: Rich Manipulation List
A list of objects offering more detailed information and options to manipulate the objects, or make a selection for when a lot of information is needed.
Rich Manipulation list with modal buttons, split buttons, collapsed and expanded items.
All elements of a rich list (beyond the item's name) are optional and should only be used if necessary information for the user. The elements of the list are (from left to right):
- Right arrow icon indicating if additional information box is collapsed or expanded (only needed if additional information is available).
- Icon representing the item or a graphical preview. Icons or images are optional; be sure to use only if each item has a discrete icon/preview.
- Item name.
- Short description of item (below item name). Include a description that is more telling than the title. The maximum length is two lines of text.
- Additional information (below short description and hidden until item is expanded). A longer description or long meta information etc that is more than two lines of text. It is not advised to go beyond six lines of text.
- Action/Split button(s)
- If there are two related and mutually exclusive actions, display them in one modal button
- If there are two actions that are not mutually exclusive, use two action buttons
- If there are three or more actions that are not mutually exclusive, use a split button
- Action buttons execute the action immediately