The application layout depends on the functionality as well as the content of the application. The layouts used throughout the design should be consistent both visually and functionally.
- Patterns for desktop user interfaces
- Patterns for phone user interfaces
- Images - Guidelines and patterns for displaying images
- Icons and text - Patterns for consistently showing icons with text
- Viewing vs Editing - Patterns and guidelines for laying out content that is primarily viewed.
- Search and Filter - Patterns for exposing search and filter functions
- Breadcrumbs - Support navigation by a breadcrumb trail, if appropriate
- Wizard - Patterns for guiding the user through a series of step to accomplish a task
- Tooltips - Patterns for consistent presentation of information in tooltips.
- Dual Lists - Apply the dual list pattern for several selections out of a large number of (multiple) items.
- Slider and Spinbox - Apply the slider and spin box pattern for numeric input with both large changes and precise control.
- Simple vs, Advanced Settings - Provide setting in both simple as well as advanced configurations for Plasma control modules (KCM) as well as any other KDE software
- Growth & communications
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.