KDE Visual Design Group/HIG/IconsAndText
Combining icons and text can be used to identify data and actions in a user interface. Examples include toolbar actions, file and folder displays in a file manager, application listings, and notifications. The layout should be consistent.
- Where icons are shown with text, use the layout guidelines above.
- For 16x16px icons and smaller, the 8px margins may be reduced to 4px.
- If Secondary Text is normally present but is empty in a particular instance, align the Primary Text to the vertical center.
- Where icons are shown without text, always provide tooltip text and alternate text for accessibility.
- To be future-compatible with scalable interface functionality for high dpi displays, use units.smallSpacing in place of the 4px increments defined here.
This page was last edited on 5 February 2019, at 17:19. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.