< KDE Visual Design Group | HIG
Revision as of 12:20, 30 March 2016 by Ochurlaud (1 revision imported)
KDE Visual Design Group/HIG/Frame
A frame (also known as panel) is an unlabeled rectangular control that surrounds a set of related controls.
A frame is a way to show relationships visually; it provides no additional functionality.
Is this the right control
- Use a frame to arrange related controls that cannot be labeled. But always consider to use a labeled group box.
- Do not group single controls.
- Consider to communicate relationship by layout only.
- Do not nest grouping elements; use layout to show relationships within a group.
- Do not disable groups. To indicate that a group of controls doesn't currently apply, disable all the controls within the group, but not the group itself.
- Put a splitter between aligned grouping controls.
- Use a 'raised' shadow if the frame is used to convey relationship.
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.