KDE PIM/Meetings/PIM Autumn 2013 meeting

From KDE Community Wiki
Revision as of 18:15, 9 August 2013 by Markg85 (talk | contribs) (Created page with "== Topics == === Projects === ==== Mark Gaiser ==== ===== QML Calendar components - write and modify support===== I started working on those first in a very crude form durin...")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Topics

Projects

Mark Gaiser

QML Calendar components - write and modify support

I started working on those first in a very crude form during the October 2012 PIM sprint. At that time it was a proof of concept to see if - ultimately - KOrganizer could be re-written using QML.

In the March of 2013 PIM sprint i basically started all over with some help of a few other folks to get real QML components in a not so hacky manner. Those components - while still very hacky - proved to be very powerful already. By the time i'm writing this, the components can do all the reading stuff and work very well.

During the next sprint i plan to fully implement:

• Creation of new events trough QML
  • Modifying events through QML
  • Port the components to Qt 5/KF5 if akonadi can run there already.

Discussions

Mark Gaiser

Where should akonadi bases QML components live?

It's surprisingly difficult to find a right place to put akonadi QML components. Once can argue for kdepim-runtime since QML is runtime stuff. One can also argue for kdelibs since it's basically still a library only in QML. I'd like to discuss this and make a final decision.

KHolidays2

The march 2013 PIM sprint had quite a bit of discussion for the next KHolidays version. The idea is to have it as an Akonadi resource. I'd like to discuss this forther and make a first draft implementation for this. I can't do this alone and will need John Layt and someone else that knows how to make akonadi resource to get started.

Add your discussion topic here

Presentations

Agenda

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

Meeting Notes

Other notes will go here

Blogs

Organization

Picking a suited time for the sprint is done on this doodle link. The available office locations for this sprint will be maintained here in a table.