KDE PIM/Meetings/Osnabrueck 9
The annual KDE PIM Meeting Osnabrück 9 will take place at the Intevation offices in Osnabrück from Friday, February 25th 2011, to Sunday, February 27th.
Location / Travel Information
Intevation Neuer Graben 17 49074 Osnabrück Germany Phone: +49-541/335083-0
Arrival: see http://www.intevation.de/travel.en.html
Non-locals, please add your travel details and accomodation needs (Do you want to share a double room with somebody?) to the following table.
|Cornelius Schumacher||Friday afternoon, by train||Sunday evening, by train||yes|
|Till Adam||Friday afternoon, by train||Sunday evening, by train||yes||single room, please|
|Georg Greve||canceled sickness|
|Volker Krause||Friday afternoon, by train||Sunday evening, by train||yes|
|Tobias Koenig||Friday afternoon, by train||Sunday evening, by train||yes||fine with sharing a room|
|Ingo Klöcker||Friday afternoon, by train||Sunday evening, by train||yes (non-smoking room)||fine with sharing a room|
|David Jarvie||Friday end of afternoon, by plane and train||Sunday afternoon, by train||yes|
|Stephen Kelly||Friday afternoon, by train||Sunday evening, by train||yes|
|Thorsten Staerk||Friday afternoon, by train||Sunday evening, by train||yes||fine with sharing a room|
|Thomas McGuire||Friday afternoon, by train||Sunday evening, by train||yes (non-smoking room)||fine with sharing a room|
|Sérgio Martins||Thursday evening, plane lisbon->dusseldorf, then bus&&train||Monday, train to Bremen, then plane||yes||Arriving Friday and leaving Sunday would cost 300 euros more than i'm paying now|
|Grégory Oestreicher||Friday end of the afternoon, by train||Sunday mid-afternoon, by train||yes||Fine with sharing a room|
|Kevin Krammer||Friday around noon, by plane (ARR 12:05)||Sunday evening, by plane (DEP 18:50)||yes||Fine with sharing a room|
|Christian Mollekopf||Friday morning, by train||Sunday evening, by train||yes||Fine with sharing a room|
|John Layt||Friday 09:35 on AB8811 from London||Monday 15:25 on AB8820 to London, Sunday flight would have missed most of the day and cost £60 more, so cost neutral||yes||Fine with sharing a room, but a single may be easier for Sunday night|
Please add topics you would like to cover here:
- KDE PIM 4.6 release
- Kontact touch, demo on several devices if people are interested (N900, HTC Touch Pro2, Ideapad, Aava Mobile Smartphone, Wepad). Experiences, especially size.
- KDEPIM and professional development, credits discussion
- Kontact from KDE 3 under KDE Platform 4, config file clashes?
- Outlook invitation compatibility and "enterprise" setting in general. Ideally, we would like to reduce each point
- sqlite vs mysql and the indixes, measuring and example data
- Webpresence of Kontact and KDE PIM is lacking a lot
- Kontact (Desktop and Touch) on windows
- experiences with setting up the continuous build systems for Kontact Touch on Maemo and CE: problem of full builds -> saegerwerk. Problem of included files and dependencies.
- is a better maintainer for ktimetracker available (question from tstaerk)?
- Git workflow ( fwd port with git-merge or git-cherry-pick? )
- N900 performance problems. Still spurious appointment conflicts when syncing.
- Summer of Code ideas brainstorming
- Merged contact view in KAddressbook
- Social networking resources (Studivz, LinkedIn etc)
- Trash handling in Akonadi
- Import/Export in Akonadi
- Exchange support status?
- Nepomuk integration for Calendar Incidences and Notes?
- Demo of my hackweek project (Cornelius)
This is a first uninformed guess. Details to be decided.
Arrival and start to meet and work
18:10 Official Opening by Cornelius
18:15 Agenda Planning
19:00 Kontact Touch Demo
19:30 Dinner (Rampendahl)
09:00 KDE 4.6 Release
13:00 Demos of Cornelius' and Christian's Projects
14:00 Group photo
14:45 Group Discussions / Hacking
16:30 Git Workflow
17:30 Enterprise Build Options
09:00 Google Summer of Code
10:00 Contacts Merging
Departure and end of meeting
Same procedure as
last every year...
4.6 Release and Migration
Last remaining blocker: Mail migration.
- Fails in error cases (no wallet, no network)
- Make migration is optional
- Fix migrator error scenarios
- Fix no wallet scenario
- IMAP IDLE
- Per-folder cache policies
- New touch front-ends
- New calendar/contact backends (Google, Facebook, DAV, etc)
- Plasma access to the calendar, Plasma mail front-end
- Ready to use, but very distruptive technology change.
- Highlight application changes, not backend changes.
- Fix migrator (ideally this weekend)
- RC release ASAP (ca. March 2nd with 4.6.1)
- Final release in about a month (4.6.2, April 5th)
- Delete Item if already marked as deleted
- Move to trash collection if available
- Flag item with MarkAsDeleted attribute
- collection to restore Item
(can be translated by the resource, i.e. to the imap mark as deleted flag)
Per Resource Setting:
- TrashCollection: For remote resources the applicaton could still setup a separate resource with a local storage format which is used as trash.
- Time before MarkAsDeleted items are deleted by the janitor agent(based on modificationTime of item)
Hide MarkAsDeleted items, except if parent collection is a trash collection
- DeleteAction -> DeleteJob
- TrashAction -> TrashJob
Process to delete items based on MarkAsDeleted attribute and the configuration how long items should be kept
- Search for git log about reason for sql indices (hours)
- Bulk import API (hours)
- Email Dataset Korpus (Enron-Template) (hours-days)
- Low Level DB Introspection API (days)
- Transaction Scheduling (R/W Queue) (weeks)
- Nested Sets (weeks)
- Reuse of Prepared Statements
- Correctness of SQLite (constraints)
- (updateable) Views
- improved Object Relation Mapper
Steve to Volker: "You can't remove something that's already not there!"