KDE PIM/Meetings/Osnabrueck 8
Osnabrück 8 will take place at the Intevation offices in Osnabrück from Friday, January 8th 2010, to Sunday, January 10th.
Location / Travel Information
Intevation Neuer Graben 17 49074 Osnabrück Germany Phone: +49-541/335083-0
Arrival: see http://www.intevation.de/travel.en.html
Dom-Hotel Osnabrück Kleine Domsfreiheit 5 49074 Osnabrück Germany Phone: (+49)541/35835-0 Fax : (+49)541/35835-35
Rooms booked on 2010-01-05 (by emanuel).
- 11 single rooms
- 1 double rooms
- 1 parking
Non-locals, please add your travel details and accomodation needs (Do you want to share a double room with somebody?) to the following table.
13 participants (2010-01-05):
|Ingo Klöcker||Friday afternoon||Sunday evening||yes (sharing a room is ok)|
|Tom Albers||Friday afternoon||Sunday evening||single room, car parking|
|Volker Krause||Friday, 11:51, by train||Sunday, 16:08, by train||single room|
|Thorsten Staerk||Friday afternoon||Sunday evening||single room, no car|
|David Jarvie||Friday, 18:06, by train||Sunday, 13:53, by train||yes|
|Stephen Kelly||Friday, 11:51, by train||Sunday, 16:08, by train||yes|
|Sebastian Trueg||Friday, afternoon||Saturday, evening||yes|
|Bertjan Broeksema||Friday, 11:51, by train||Sunday, 16:08, by train||yes|
|Patrick Ohly||Friday, evening||Sunday, afternoon||yes|
|Tobias Koenig||Friday, early afternoon||Sunday, afternoon||yes (sharing a room is ok)|
|Kevin Krammer||Friday afternoon||Sunday afternoon||yes (sharing a room is ok)|
|Cornelius Schumacher||Friday early afternoon||Sunday afternoon||yes|
|Thomas McGuire||Friday noon||Sunday afternoon||yes|
|Paul Adams||Tuesday, 5 Jan||Wednesday, 13 Jan||No thanks|
|Georg Greve||Tuesday, 5 Jan||Some time||No thanks|
- Nepomuk integration
- Review the current feeder agents, Sebastian had some ideas on how to improve them
- Review search queries used by KMail, esp. full text search does not yet cover everything I think
- Look into recording usage data (think recently used addresses++)
- Kontact and Kolab Groupware update
- KDEPIM on mobile devices like Maemo5/6, Symbian or Windows-Mobile.
- The future of PIM/groupware regarding privacy and data syncing. (see the last section of http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-windows/2009-November/004359.html)
- KDEPIM on Windows.
- Thorsten wants to change back ktimetracker from a kontact part to a standalone-application. What experiences have others made?
- SyncML support, both as client and server, and how SyncEvolution could be integration into KDE for that
- sync support beyond SyncML
- PIM data conversion (Evolution vCard dialect vs. KDE vs. ...)
- Discuss merging of the akoandi-ports branch
- KMail data/config migration to Akonadi
- Identifying other critical parts for 4.5
- What do we do with bugs/wishes of the pre-Akonadi apps?
- Making (more) use of CDash
- fix our unit tests
- integration into our workflow (eg. subscribing kde-pim to build errors?)
- Planning the 4.5 development cycle
- depend on kdelibs trunk or 4.4?
- as much discussions, reviews, and presentations as possible
- Parenting of Akonadi::Items
- Potentially implementable generically
- Lots of issues related to multiple possible parents for emails for example.
- The agent can not just pick one item as the parent if you get duplicate mails for example.
- Brainstorming for Summer of Code ideas
Details to be decided
Arrival and start to meet and work
19:00 Dinner in restaurant "Rampendahl", Hasestraße 35
09:00 Meet and work
11:00 Kolab Konsortium projects for this year (Bernhard)
14:00 Group photo
14:10 Syncing (Patrick)
16:00 Planning for 4.5 / 4.6
18:00 KDE PIM Marketing
19:00 Dinner in restaurant "Planeta Sol" (Brazilian), Bergstraße 8 (VHS building)
10:45 GSoC brainstorming
How to improve KDE Marketing
- blogging more
- youtube videos
- technorati tagging
- wiki page explaining all this
// recordmydesktop, xvidcap, search techbase for these keywords, find article or write myself, send result to list
- reach outside the KDE community
- write articles in magazines
- good t-shirts
- talk to people at conferences
- talk at Cebit
- organize KDE PIM conferences
- invite people to release events
- KDE beer (subclass of open source beer)
- cute mascot
- /usr groups
- eat your own dogfoot campaign inside of KDE
- KDE PIM slogan
- contact open-source professor
- talk to students, go to universities
- promote fun job security
- KDE PIM commit digest (Paul)
- Bank of KDE
- Make demo CDs
- NX demo server
- public Kolab server
- status reports
- feature guide (Tobias)
- KDE forum
- welcome dude (Tom)
- General public
- Potential new developers
- KDE community
- Existing KDE users
- How to participate
- People who want to participate in this BOF contact Thorsten via chat.
- We want to learn tricks how to use our time most effectively with Qt Creator. We want to learn and document how we best move existing KDE programs towards Qt Creator. As an example, if you do not have a .ui file for your UI, you will not be as effective as you could be with Qt Creator.
- What about KDevelop and Eclipse?
- How to create a new project with qtcreator
- How to import an existing project (kdepim) into qtcreator
- Reparenting of items will continue in the same vein as currently. Details on the mailing list. http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.devel.pim/26669