KDE PIM/Meetings/Osnabrueck 8
Osnabrück 8 will take place at the Intevation offices in Osnabrück from Friday, January 8th 2010, to Sunday, January 10th.
Location / Travel Information
Intevation Neuer Graben 17 49074 Osnabrück Germany Phone: +49-541/335083-0
Arrival: see http://www.intevation.de/travel.en.html
Dom-Hotel Osnabrück Kleine Domsfreiheit 5 49074 Osnabrück Germany Phone: (+49)541/35835-0 Fax : (+49)541/35835-35
Rooms booked on 2009-12-18 (by emanuel).
- 13 single rooms
- 1 double rooms (please write in the following table if you want to share a room!)
- 1 parking
(+ 1 single and 1 double room as option)
Non-locals, please add your travel details and accomodation needs (Do you want to share a double room with somebody?) to the following table.
13 participants (2009-12-22):
|Ingo Klöcker||Friday afternoon||Sunday evening||yes (sharing a room is ok)|
|Tom Albers||Friday afternoon||Sunday evening||single room, car parking|
|Volker Krause||Friday||Sunday||single room|
|Thorsten Staerk||Friday afternoon||Sunday evening||single room, no car|
|David Jarvie||Friday afternoon||Sunday evening||yes|
|Sebastian Trueg||Friday, afternoon||Saturday, evening||yes|
|Bertjan Broeksema||Friday, afternoon||Sunday, afternoon||yes|
|Patrick Ohly||Friday, evening||Sunday, afternoon||yes|
|Tobias Koenig||Friday, early afternoon||Sunday, afternoon||yes (sharing a room is ok)|
|Kevin Krammer||Friday afternoon||Sunday afternoon||yes (sharing a room is ok)|
|Cornelius Schumacher||Friday early afternoon||Sunday afternoon||yes|
|Thomas McGuire||Friday noon||Sunday afternoon||yes|
- Nepomuk integration
- Review the current feeder agents, Sebastian had some ideas on how to improve them
- Review search queries used by KMail, esp. full text search does not yet cover everything I think
- Look into recording usage data (think recently used addresses++)
- Kontact and Kolab Groupware update
- KDEPIM on mobile devices like Maemo5/6, Symbian or Windows-Mobile.
- The future of PIM/groupware regarding privacy and data syncing. (see the last section of http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-windows/2009-November/004359.html)
- KDEPIM on Windows.
- Thorsten wants to change back ktimetracker from a kontact part to a standalone-application. What experiences have others made?
- SyncML support, both as client and server, and how SyncEvolution could be integration into KDE for that
- sync support beyond SyncML
- PIM data conversion (Evolution vCard dialect vs. KDE vs. ...)
- Discuss merging of the akoandi-ports branch
- KMail data/config migration to Akonadi
- Identifying other critical parts for 4.5
- Making (more) use of CDash
- fix our unit tests
- integration into our workflow (eg. subscribing kde-pim to build errors?)
- as much discussions, reviews, and presentations as possible
Details to be decided
Arrival and start to meet and work
Meet and work
Work and departure
- How to participate
- People who want to participate in this BOF contact Thorsten via chat.
- We want to learn tricks how to use our time most effectively with Qt Creator. We want to learn and document how we best move existing KDE programs towards Qt Creator. As an example, if you do not have a .ui file for your UI, you will not be as effective as you could be with Qt Creator.
- What about KDevelop and Eclipse?
- How to create a new project with qtcreator
- How to import an existing project (kdepim) into qtcreator