KDE PIM/Meetings/Desktop Summit 2011
KDE PIM Team Meeting at Desktop Summit 2011
Time & Location
Thursday 11th August, room 1.404.
TODO: complete this list
- John Layt
- Kevin Krammer
- Kevin Ottens
- Mario Bensi
- Tobias Koenig
- Volker Krause
Problems with the current 4.7+ release
List view performance
- needs more profiling
- ask people with problems to contribute callgrind/massif logs
- likely only some code pathes causing problems, indentify and disable them
- no major rework for 4.x, rather do the above
- make optional, rather do import than full migration
- improve mixedmaildir resource performance by applying the maildir fixes
- fix maildir to support standard nameing scheme on non-Windows
- email feeder seems to download mail in a non-disconnected imap scenario, investigate and fix that
- merge feeders to improve scheduling
- make email indexing optional in system settings next to file system indexing, if disabled, disable search in kmail
- add agateau-widgets to places needing nepomuk in kab, composer and (if needed) korg
- spam pass through filtering stops processing of further filters apparently
- tokoe is splitting it into an agent
- filter config contains ids, thus not system independent
Move data loss?
- only unspecific and vague reports available
- originally supposed to be fixed by external payload enforcement (-> missing error handling on payload store failure)
- seems to be related to moving uncached data
- seen on local -> local move, so unrelated to net issues
SQL inconsistencies for Christian Mollekopf and David Faure
- likely developer setup issues with mixing a lot of different setup
- tokoe was looking into making constraints more strict
Sprint dedicated to address these issues
Preliminary date: 16th to 18th September.
Near Future (aka KDE4.8+)
- get playground material that's ready released:
- facebook resource
- google resource
- sugarcrm resource
- syncevolution integration & ui
- Tobias wants to polish the account wizard
- Friedrich wants to extend the Akonadi kioslave for attachment access
Far Future (aka KF5)
- don't bother yet with frameworks work on kdepimlibs at least until 4.8 (and 4.9)
- KNode will cease to work without major work
- port away from Qt3Support
- merge into KMail while losing features
- Todo: use Zanshin, Kevin will discuss that with Sergio
- KNotes: drop it?
- Groupwise: drop it?
- command line clients still resource based
- drop KResource in KF5?
This page was last edited on 13 August 2011, at 17:31. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.