This page is about the upcoming Akonadi Meeting in May 2010
- 1 Date
- 2 Location / Travel Information
- 3 Attendees
- 4 Topics
- 5 API Review
- 6 Schedule
- 7 Meeting Notes
- 8 Blogs / Press
13th to 16th of May 2010.
Location / Travel Information
Attention: KDAB moved since last time!
KDAB Tempelhofer Ufer 11 10963 Berlin Germany Phone: +49-30-5213254-70
Getting there by public transportation:
- subway lines U1 or U6 to "Hallesches Tor"
- subway lines U1 or U7 to "Möckernbrücke"
- bus line M41 to "Hallesches Tor" (leaves from Berlin Hauptbahnhof)
Hotel Ibis Berlin City Ost An der Schillingbrucke 2 10243 Berlin Germany Phone: (+49)30/257600 Fax : (+49)30/25760333
Easiest way to reach the hotel is by taking a train to Ostbahnhof (it's just across the street from the station). If your train doesn't stop there, take the S-Bahn from Hauptbahnhof, any east-bound line will do.
From TXL take the bus labeld 'TXL' to Hauptbahnhof or Alexanderplatz and switch to the S-Bahn there, any east-bound train will do.
From SXF take the regional train 'RE7' or 'RB14' towards Berlin to station "Ostbahnhof" (2 stops, about 20 min).
Hotel <-> Office
Two options with public transportation:
- via Friedrichstraße
- any westbound S-Bahn from Ostbahnhof to Friedrichstraße (4 stops)
- U6 southwards (direction Alt-Mariendorf) until Hallesches Tor (4stops)
- via Warschauer Straße
- any eastbound S-Bahn from Ostbahnhof to Warschauer Straße (1 stop)
- U1 westwards (there is only one direction, the station is the terminus for U1) to Hallesches Tor (5 stops)
Or take a taxi, possibly even cheaper when shared with enough people.
Some general notes on public transportation in Berlin, more relevant this time with hotel and office not in walking distance from each other.
Reginal trains/S-Bahn/U-Bahn/Tram/Bus Tickets
Everywhere you need to go is covered by the 'AB' zone tickets, with the exception of SXF, for that you need one for the 'ABC' zone.
Tickets can be bought at ticket machines which you'll find at every station and the bus stop at TXL. On stations with long-distance connections you might find two types of ticket machines, use the ones labeled 'BVG' in black on a yellow square, not the ones labeled 'DB' or 'Deutsche Bahn'.
Ticket machines always take coins, and sometimes bills and ec cards (no credit cards IIRC).
Prices and Price Optimizations
Single trip costs 2.10€ in 'AB' zone and 2.50€ for 'ABC'. There are a number of optimizations though:
- You can purchase a batch of four tickets at once ("4 Fahrten Karte"), which costs 8€ for 'AB'.
- If you plan to do more than 2 trips a day, purchase the day ticket instead, 6.10€ for 'AB'.
- If you do two trips a day with 4 or 5 persons, consider the group day ticket ("Kleingruppenkarte"), which costs 15.90€ for 'AB'.
- If you only travel for three stops, there is the short trip ticket which costs 1.30€. This might be interesting in combination with the next option.
- If you are traveling together with a local who has a monthly ticket, one additional person can tag along for free after 20:00 on workdays and during the entire day on weekends and public holidays.
Schedule can be checked online (see link below), which makes sense when traveling outside of the normal working hours on weekdays (where trains go every 5 minutes). During weekdays service ends at around 1am. On weekends, public holidays and nights leading up to those trains usually go all night but only every 15 or 20 minutes.
Taxi to TXL costs 20-25€, taxi between office and hotel around 10€. So, if you order a big one this might actually be the cheapest and most comfortable way to travel between office and hotel.
There are currently two active airports in Berlin: Tegel (TXL) and Schönefeld (SXF). Make sure you know which one to go to, picking the wrong one has only happend to locals so far and you don't want to change that :)
TXL is not connected to any train line, but there is a shuttle bus (called 'TXL') leaving in front of the terminal building towards the city center.
SXF has a station for both regional trains (red 'B' on white square) and a S-Bahn line (white 'S' on green circle).
Berlin airport website (includes airport maps etc.)
Please add yourself, your travel details and accommodation needs as well as your preferred date to the following table.
|Volker Krause||none||already here||not leaving||no|
|Tom Albers||Train||12-05-2010 23u30||16-05-2010 16u30||yes, single room.|
|Bertjan Broeksema||none||already here||not leaving||no|
|Stephen Kelly||none||already here||not leaving||no|
|Thomas McGuire||train||12.05, around 3 pm, ICE857||16.05, around 2 pm, ICE556||yes, single room, non smoking|
|Matthew Leach||Flying from Manchester||Arriving at Berlin Schoenefeld 12 May 17:10||Departing from Berlin Schoenefeld 17 May 17:35||yes, single room, non smoking|
|Sascha Peilicke||Train from Magdeburg||Not to sure yet.||Not to sure yet.||Not needed|
|Tobias Koenig||Train from Dresden||12.05.2010||16.05.2010||yes, sharing room is ok|
|Kevin Krammer||plane GRZ-VIE-TXL||2010-05-11 19:05||2010-05-17 09:20||yes, single room, non smoking|
|Sérgio Martins||plane from Lisbon||11-05-2010 (17:55 TXL)||16-05-2010 (19:00 TXL)||yes, single room, non smoking|
|Kevin Ottens||Plane: TLS->LHR->TXL||11-05-2010 (landing 13:45)||16-05-2010 (takeoff 07:15)||yes, single room, non smoking|
Please collect stuff you want to do/discuss here.
- Reviewing new public API, as usual, see table below for the changes that still need to be reviewed
- Discuss deprecating the KResource API and porting away or identifing the last users of it in PIM
- Look at KMail filtering and evaluate the amount of work needed to integrate teh filtering framework from Szymon. Maybe start a first hacking session for that.
- Evaluate the state of KMail and the Kontact suite and decide on release plan
- Making KDE PIM ready for 4.5 if in a releasable state, or execute a Plan B
- Branch strategy during the 4.5 freeze regarding KDE PIM Mobile work
- Porting plan for KOrganizer to its extracted view components
- Replacement for KDGantt1 based views in KOrganizer
- Git migration: Status and timeline discussion
|Library||Changes since 4.4||Status|
|KHolidays||diff||Only moved code|
|KPimIdentities||diff||Only comment changes|
|KPimUtils||diff||Only comment and style changes|
|kdeui/itemviews||diff||Several new classes, mostly refactored out of KSelectionProxyModel|
To be filled...
Please fill this section.
Blogs / Press
Please add links to everything referring to this meeting, very helpful for e.V. reporting and dot story writing etc.