This page is about the upcoming Akonadi Meeting in May 2010
13th to 16th of May 2010.
Location / Travel Information
Attention: KDAB moved since last time!
KDAB Tempelhofer Ufer 11 10963 Berlin Germany Phone: +49-30-5213254-70
Getting there by public transportation:
- subway lines U1 or U6 to "Hallesches Tor"
- subway lines U1 or U7 to "Möckernbrücke"
- bus line M41 to "Hallesches Tor" (leaves from Berlin Hauptbahnhof)
Hotel Ibis Berlin City Ost An der Schillingbrucke 2 10243 Berlin Germany Phone: (+49)30/257600 Fax : (+49)30/25760333
Easiest way to reach the hotel is by taking a train to Ostbahnhof (it's just across the street from the station). If your train doesn't stop there, take the S-Bahn from Hauptbahnhof, any east-bound line will do.
From TXL take the bus labeld 'TXL' to Hauptbahnhof or Alexanderplatz and switch to the S-Bahn there, any east-bound train will do.
Hotel <-> Office
Two options with public transportation:
- via Friedrichstraße
- any westbound S-Bahn from Ostbahnhof to Friedrichstraße (4 stops)
- U6 southwards (direction Alt-Mariendorf) until Hallesches Tor (4stops)
- via Warschauer Straße
- any eastbound S-Bahn from Ostbahnhof to Warschauer Straße (1 stop)
- U1 westwards (there is only one direction, the station is the terminus for U1) to Hallesches Tor (5 stops)
Or take a taxi, possibly even cheaper when shared with enough people.
Some general notes on public transportation in Berlin, more relevant this time with hotel and office not in walking distance from each other.
Everywhere you need to go is covered by the 'AB' zone tickets, with the exception of SXF, for that you need one for the 'ABC' zone.
Tickets can be bought at ticket machines which you'll find at every station and the bus stop at TXL. On stations with long-distance connections you might find two types of ticket machines, use the ones labeled 'BVG' in black on a yellow square, not the ones labeled 'DB' or 'Deutsche Bahn'.
Ticket machines always take coins, and sometimes bills and ec cards (no credit cards IIRC).
Prices and Price Optimizations
Single trip costs 2.10€ in 'AB' zone and 2.50€ for 'ABC'. There are a number of optimizations though:
- You can purchase a batch of four tickets at once ("4 Fahrten Karte"), which costs 8€ for 'AB'.
- If you plan to do more than 2 trips a day, purchase the day ticket instead, 6.10€ for 'AB'.
- If you do two trips a day with 4 or 5 persons, consider the group day ticket ("Kleingruppenkarte"), which costs 15.90€ for 'AB'.
- If you only travel for three stops, there is the short trip ticket which costs 1.30€. This might be interesting in combination with the next option.
- If you are traveling together with a local who has a monthly ticket, one additional person can tag along for free after 20:00 on workdays and during the entire day on weekends and public holidays.
Taxi to TXL costs 20-25€, taxi between office and hotel around 10€. So, if you order a big one this might actually be the cheapest and most comfortable way to travel between office and hotel.
Please add yourself, your travel details and accommodation needs as well as your preferred date to the following table.
|Volker Krause||none||already here||not leaving||no|
|Tom Albers||Train||12-05-2010 23u30||16-05-2010 16u30||yes, single room.|
|Bertjan Broeksema||none||already here||not leaving||no|
|Thomas McGuire||train||12.05, around 3 pm, ICE857||16.05, around 2 pm, ICE556||yes, single room, non smoking|
|Matthew Leach||Flying from Manchester||Arriving at Berlin Schoenefeld 12 May 17:10||Departing from Berlin Schoenefeld 17 May 17:35||yes, single room, non smoking|
|Sascha Peilicke||Train from Magdeburg||Not to sure yet.||Not to sure yet.||Not needed|
|Tobias Koenig||Train from Dresden||12.05.2010||16.05.2010||yes, sharing room is ok|
|Kevin Krammer||plane GRZ-VIE-TXL||2010-05-11 19:05||2010-05-17 09:20||yes, single room, non smoking|
|Sérgio Martins||plane from Lisbon||11-05-2010||16-05-2010||yes, single room, non smoking|
|Kevin Ottens||Plane: TLS->LHR->TXL||11-05-2010 (landing 13:45)||16-05-2010 (takeoff 07:15)||yes, single room, non smoking|
Please collect stuff you want to do/discuss here.
- Reviewing new public API, as usual
- TODO: prepare diffs with the changes in header files since 4.4 was branched in kdepimlibs to speed this up
- Discuss deprecating the KResource API and porting away or identifing the last users of it in PIM
- Look at KMail filtering and evaluate the amount of work needed to integrate teh filtering framework from Szymon. Maybe start a first hacking session for that.
- Evaluate the state of KMail and the Kontact suite and decide on release plan
- Making KDE PIM ready for 4.5 if in a releasable state, or execute a Plan B