Getting KDE Itinerary
Nightly build https://binary-factory.kde.org/view/Android/job/Itinerary_android/ (automatic sync to KDE F-Droid repo currently broken)
Plasma Mobile, Flatpak
flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists kdeapps --from https://distribute.kde.org/kdeapps.flatpakrepo flatpak install kdeapps org.kde.itinerary
Make sure you have the ZXing-C++ and Poppler dependencies.
Getting data into KDE Itinerary
Use Global drawer > Import... in the app to import data from a file directly. Usually works for PDF and PkPass files, full emails are hard to get hold of on mobile usually.
KMail Itinerary plug-in
Interaction with the KMail plug-in is a bit hidden, via the small icon in the top right corner (to be fixed).
Via NextCloud/DavDroid: Select "Add To Calendar", and pick a calendar on a NextCloud server. Once synced to an Android phone via DavDroid, select "Check Calendar" in the global drawer of the app. Other CalDav servers might work, other sync apps than DavDroid will likely not work.
Via KDE Connect: Select "Send to <device>".
The KMail Itinerary plug-in isn't finding anything
- Is the itinerary plug-in installed? Check $LIBDIR/plugins/messageviewer/bodypartformatter/messageviewer_bodypartformatter_semantic.so. If you are missing this, it's in the kdepim-addons repository, and can probably found similarly named distro packages.
- Is KItinerary built with Poppler and ZXing? Check the output of `$LIBDIR/libexec/kf5/kitinerary-extractor --capabilities` (19.04 or newer). This should show something like this:
HTML support : libxml2 PDF support : poppler iCal support : kcal Barcode decoder : zxing Phone number decoder: libphonenumber
- Is the input document supported by KItinerary? See https://community.kde.org/KDE_PIM/KItinerary/Supported_Providers
- KDE Itinerary: the mobile app for showing your itinerary.
- KItinerary: the library providing the data extraction engine (yes, sub-optimal naming considering the above).
- KMail Itinerary Plug-in: plugin for KMail running the data extractor on the email you are currently looking at and showing a blue framed box at the top with what it found
- KItinerary Workbench: diagnostic and development tool for the data extractors.
- Poppler: PDF parsing library, needed by KItinerary in order to process PDF files.
- ZXing-C++: Barcode decoding library, needed by KItinerary to decode any form of barcode.