(→Participants: update self)
|Line 181:||Line 181:|
Revision as of 10:09, 12 October 2010
- 1 General
- 2 Date
- 3 Location / Travel Information
- 4 Agenda
- 5 Participants
The mobile sprint would be the first sprint with KDE on mobile in mind. The idea here is to put together people from different KDE's sub-projects to discuss about problems that affects them all when going to mobile platforms.
November, 18th - 21th
Location / Travel Information
We couldn't find a place or somebody to organize the sprint in a proper way in this city. Thanks a lot for the people that tried making it happen in Dublin, but it just got harder and more expensive than doing in Berlin. Let's try again Dublin the next time :(
Attention: KDAB moved since last time!
KDAB Tempelhofer Ufer 11 10963 Berlin Germany Phone: +49-30-5213254-70
Getting there by public transportation:
- subway lines U1 or U6 to "Hallesches Tor"
- subway lines U1 or U7 to "Möckernbrücke"
- bus line M41 to "Hallesches Tor" (leaves from Berlin Hauptbahnhof)
- If the big front door is closed, there is a door bell on the right, labeled 'KDAB'.
- After passing the main gate, there are two options:
- Take the stairs on the right, go up one floor, take the door on your right and go up one more floor. You'll find a door labeled KDAB in front of your with a door bell on the right (that one might need some more pressure to trigger).
- Be lazy and go through the second big door right in front of you, turn right and take the entrance to the elevator on your right. KDAB is on the second floor.
http://www.meininger-hostels.com/ -> starting at €8,67 / night Hallesches Ufer 3 Berlin D-10963 Berlin tel: +49 (0)30 9832 1075
http://www.meininger-hostels.com/ -> starting at €8,67 / night Tempelhofer Ufer 10 D-10963 Berlin tel: +49 (0)30 983 21 075
http://www.grandhostel-berlin.de/ -> starting at €18,00 / night Tempelhofer Ufer 14 10963 Berlin Tel: +49 (30) 200 95 45-0 Fax: +49 (30) 200 95 45 15 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Some general notes on public transportation in Berlin. But the hostels are walking distance from the office anyway.
Reginal trains/S-Bahn/U-Bahn/Tram/Bus Tickets
Everywhere you need to go is covered by the 'AB' zone tickets, with the exception of SXF, for that you need one for the 'ABC' zone.
Tickets can be bought at ticket machines which you'll find at every station and the bus stop at TXL. On stations with long-distance connections you might find two types of ticket machines, use the ones labeled 'BVG' in black on a yellow square, not the ones labeled 'DB' or 'Deutsche Bahn'.
Ticket machines always take coins, and sometimes bills and ec cards (no credit cards IIRC).
Prices and Price Optimizations
Single trip costs 2.10€ in 'AB' zone and 2.50€ for 'ABC'. The ticket if valid for a single trip (including changing trains, as long as you go roughly into one direction) for all means of transportation listed above, ie. you don't need two tickets when switching from S-Bahn to U-Bahn for example. Tickets have to be stamped before entering the train once.
There are a number of optimizations though:
- You can purchase a batch of four tickets at once ("4 Fahrten Karte"), which costs 8€ for 'AB'.
- If you plan to do more than 2 trips a day, purchase the day ticket instead, 6.10€ for 'AB'.
- If you do two trips a day with 4 or 5 persons, consider the group day ticket ("Kleingruppenkarte"), which costs 15.90€ for 'AB'.
- If you only travel for three stops, there is the short trip ticket which costs 1.30€. This might be interesting in combination with the next option.
- If you are traveling together with a local who has a monthly ticket, one additional person can tag along for free after 20:00 on workdays and during the entire day on weekends and public holidays.
Schedule can be checked online (see link below), which makes sense when traveling outside of the normal working hours on weekdays (where trains go every 5 minutes). During weekdays service ends at around 1am. On weekends, public holidays and nights leading up to those trains usually go all night but only every 15 or 20 minutes.
Taxi to TXL costs 20-25€.
There are currently two active airports in Berlin: Tegel (TXL) and Schönefeld (SXF). Make sure you know which one to go to, picking the wrong one has only happend to locals so far and you don't want to change that :)
TXL is not connected to any train line, but there is a shuttle bus (called 'TXL') leaving in front of the terminal building towards the city center.
SXF has a station for both regional trains (red 'B' on white square) and a S-Bahn line (white 'S' on green circle).
Berlin airport website (includes airport maps etc.)
- Qt-Components and KDE
- KDE PIM mobile
- Plasma mobile
- Results of the KDE Session on MeeGo Conference
- Deal with the stuff that we already discussed during Akademy
- Experiences with MeeGo Touch
|Artur Souzaemail@example.com||TBD||TBD||Probably no||Yes||no restrictions||Plasma and Qt-Components||REC||Yes|
|Alexis Menardfirstname.lastname@example.org||TBD||TBD||TBD||Probably No||Yes||no restrictions||Plasma-Mobile||OSL||No|
|Stefan Majewskyemail@example.com||Thu after 12:00||Sun somewhen||TBD||TBD||yes, booked||no restrictions||Project Tagaro||DRS||N/A||No|
|Marco Martinfirstname.lastname@example.org||At MeeGo conf||TBD||TBD||Yes||Yes||no restrictions||Plasma/QML/QtComponents||mxp/bgy|
|Volker Krauseemail@example.com||already there||not leaving||0€||not needed||no restrictions||Kontact Mobile||TXL/SXF||N/A||No|
|Friedrich Kossebaufirstname.lastname@example.org||at MeeGo Conf (estimated)||Sun ~12:00 (estimated)||4x50 EUR + 80 EUR (flight back) (estimated)||TBD/not needed in Berlin||no restrictions||TXL/SXF||Yes (estimated)|
|Sebastian Kügleremail@example.com||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||no restrictions||AMS|
|Anselmo Melofirstname.lastname@example.org||TBD||TBD||~1700EUR||TBD||TBD||no restrictions||Plasma and Qt-Components||REC||Yes|
|Stephen Kelly (maybe/partial)||email@example.com||N/A||N/A||No restrictions|
|Aleix Polfirstname.lastname@example.org||At Meego conf||np||KDE Edu||Yes|