KDE Games/Tagaro: Difference between revisions

From KDE Community Wiki
No edit summary
(FAQ++)
Line 9: Line 9:
== FAQ ==
== FAQ ==

; Where is the code?
: Clone the repository from [http://git.bethselamin.de/?p=tagaro.git;a=summary my Git server]. I want to move it to git.kde.org when this becomes available, but it is not yet. If you want to participate, send me your push requests. I can also give you commit access, or put it on a more publicly available place, if you plan to work on it regularly.
; What does the name mean?
; What does the name mean?
: Tagaro is an oceanic deity which is said to have created mankind in a game of bowling. A perfect fit for a library which allows you to create games.
: Tagaro is an oceanic deity which is said to have created mankind in a game of bowling. A perfect fit for a library which allows you to create games.

Revision as of 20:50, 23 August 2010

Tagaro is the top secret codename for my redesign of libkdegames.

Goals

• deprecate unmaintained frameworks like KExtHighscore
  • create tools that allow KDE games to scale to new form factors
  • use new and state-of-the-art Qt and KDE technology to its full extent

FAQ

Where is the code?
Clone the repository from my Git server. I want to move it to git.kde.org when this becomes available, but it is not yet. If you want to participate, send me your push requests. I can also give you commit access, or put it on a more publicly available place, if you plan to work on it regularly.
What does the name mean?
Tagaro is an oceanic deity which is said to have created mankind in a game of bowling. A perfect fit for a library which allows you to create games.
Is its feature set/API/ABI stable?
No way. Work has just begun, and we're by far not done desigining and implementing everything.
When will it be ready?
Even earlier if you help out. :-) But seriously, I hope to get first parts into the 4.7 release.

Library layout

TODO