KDE Games/Sprint 2011
- recoat rusty parts of libkdegames
- bridge the gaps between kdegames, Gluon and non-KDE games
- Add more bridge puns here.
- Date: Friday-Sunday, March 25-27, 2010
- Location: Technical University Dresden, Faculty of Computer Science, room INF/3080
The venue is also available on Thursday (March 24) afternoon for early arrivers.
Travel from/to Dresden
By airplane to Dresden
Dresden has an international airport (IATA code: DRS). If you plan to come to Dresden via DRS, plan an additional 4 euros for the train from the airport to the city.
By airplane via Berlin
I have found that flights to Dresden often are either seldom or expensive or both. If you plan to fly, you should therefore also try to find a cheaper route to Berlin's airports Tegel (TXL) and Schönefeld (SXF).
Berlin is only 200 kilometres away, and there is an approximately bi-hourly bus service from both TXL and SXF to Dresden for 32 euros (round-trip ticket, can get as cheap as 18 euros with early bird rebate). Of course, this means three to four additional hours of travel.
If you plan to fly to Berlin and take the bus from there, look at the timetable (link above) and enter the times for the bus you want to take into the registration table, too. Count a round-trip ticket (i.e. Berlin->Dresden and Dresden->Berlin) as 32 euros in your travel cost estimation.
German's national railway service is Deutsche Bahn. The target station is "Dresden Hbf", i.e. the main station.
- organizer: Stefan Majewsky (work: Tagaro)
- organizer (venue): Josef Spillner (work: GGZ in KDE)
- further participants: (see field key below the table!)
The deadline for early registration is over. You can still add yourself to the list below if you want to come, but shared accommodation has already been booked, and any additional expenses can only be reimbursed after the sprint.
|Name||Work||Arrival||Depart||Est. travel cost||Need sponsor?||Need hotel?||Food||Airport||Flights||Remarks|
|Laszlo Papp||[email protected]s||Gluon||Thursday||Monday||300 EUR||Yes||Yes||Veggie||TXL||Lufthansa||Train from Berlin|
|Arjen Hiemstra||[email protected]||Gluon||Friday||Sunday||200 eur||Yes||Yes||Vegetarian||DRS||tba||-|
|Shantanu Tushar||[email protected]||Gluon||Thursday||Sunday||60 EUR||No||Yes||-||-||-||Train from Berlin|
|Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen||[email protected]||Gluon||Friday||Sunday||300 EUR||Yes||Yes||-||DRS||(tbc)|
|Johannes Bergmeier||[email protected]||KSudoku + others||thursday or friday||sunday||125 EUR||no||no||-||-||-||attendance unsure|
|Jeffrey Kelling||Magnetik Planet||N/A||N/A||0 €||no||no||-||-||-||from Dresden|
|Julian Helfferich||[email protected]||KBreakout||Thursday||Sunday||10 €||no||no||Vegetarian||-||-||From Berlin|
- Arrival: When will you arrive?
- Depart: When will you depart?
- Est. travel cost: How much are your estimated travel expenses?
- Need sponsor: Do you need KDE e.V. to pay your travel expenses, or can you afford the travel yourself?
- Need hotel: Do you need KDE e.V. to book an accommodation for you?
- Food: Any restrictions (e.g. vegetarians, vegans, allergies)?
- Work: On what topics, projects will you be working at the sprint?
- Airport: If you're flying, from where do you come? (reminder for booking: Dresden's airport code is DRS)
- Flights: If you're flying, you might want to enter the flight numbers for reference (or for picking you up.)
- Remarks: Got anything more to say?