Difference between revisions of "KDE GB/Constitution"
Revision as of 10:11, 3 October 2010
1. This document details the constitution of the society hereinafter referred to as 'KDE-GB' or 'the society'. KDE refers to the free software desktop project (http://www.kde.org) and KDE e.V. refers to the German registered association ("eingetragener Verein") of KDE (http://ev.kde.org).
2. Membership of the society is open to (1) all members of KDE e.V. (automatic), (2) people who have made a significant contribution to KDE (upon decision of the committee).
3. Membership is available at no cost; no subscription payments will be due.
4. Membership applications, and notices of resignation from the society, should be made to the Secretary, who will accept at least suitably signed emails and applications in person.
5. The purpose of the society is to promote KDE and Free software in general.
6. The KDE-GB Committee will consist of three roles.
7. The three Committee roles are: Chair, Secretary and Treasurer
8. Anyone in the Committee or any three other KDE-GB members may call an Extraordinary General Meeting at two weeks notice.
9. Meetings may occur physically or on the #kde-gb Internet Relay Chat channel.
10. A meeting is defined as quorate if three members of KDE-GB (or the entire membership should it be below three) are present.
11. The Committee will be nominated and voted upon at the Annual General Meeting.
12. Should society membership drop below three members or should it not prove possible to elect a Committee then an Extraordinary General Meeting will be called to attempt to elect a Committee. If this second meeting fails to result in enough members or a society committee as required, funds and any other assets will be defaulted to KDE e.V.
13. Motions are carried by simple majority.
14. Should an Extraordinary General Meeting be called to dissolve the society a two-thirds majority is required containing at least one committee member. Funds and any other assets will be defaulted to KDE e.V.
15. Signatories on the KDE-GB bank account(s) are defined to be the members of the Committee and any delegates thereof.
16. Delegates of the Committee must be nominated and seconded by members of the Committee.
17. Nominations for positions and motions should be sent to the Secretary two weeks in advance and to the general membership one week in advance of any given meeting.
18. Ballots are non secret and all vote results will be published.