KDEEdu/Sprint2010/Notes/Target: Difference between revisions

From KDE Community Wiki
No edit summary

(2 intermediate revisions by one other user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
Everyone answered 2 questions:

1) Whom for am I making my app?
1) <u>Whom for am I making my app?</u>

- some developers started for them to make an app that answered their need

- no people (no idea) I took over some app

- kids (own kids first)
- kids (own kids first)  

- developers (Marble part)

- language students (Parley)

- illeterate people (KLettres) / non illeterate

Sometimes the target broadens: you thought making the program for kids and you also have adults using it.
Sometimes the target broadens: you thought making the program for kids and you also have adults using it.  

<br> 2) <u>Do I get feedback about usability?</u>

2) Do I get feedback about usability?
- individuals: emails, bug reporters, emails from parents

=&gt; some individuals become testers which is good (but demanding!)

- some have no feedback
- some have no feedback  

- KAlgebra: schools, teachers

- KLettres: users were happy to be able to add content themselves => how do we make it easy for users to create content (content workshop)
- KLettres: users were happy to be able to add content themselves =&gt; how do we make it easy for users to create content (content workshop)  

'''Conclusions'''
'''Conclusions'''  

- We don't really reach our users. Berto said that developers are on one side and users on the other side, separated by bugzilla
- We don't really reach our users. Berto said that developers are on one side and users on the other side, separated by bugzilla  

- More doc: it would be good to have something that schools could relate to, how Parley is already used in schools. HowTo: how to learn multiplications with Parley. We notice the pain of docbook and KHelpCenter and the limit of having userbase doc which need internet connection
- More doc: it would be good to have something that schools could relate to, how Parley is already used in schools. HowTo: how to learn multiplications with Parley. We notice the pain of docbook and KHelpCenter and the limit of having userbase doc which need internet connection  

- We need a promo person to take care of relations with users. How to make something for the UNESCO International Educational Day for example?
- We need a promo person to take care of relations with users. How to make something for the UNESCO International Educational Day for example?  

<br> We'll follow up with the promo, website and content sessions.
We'll follow up with the promo, website and content sessions.

Latest revision as of 15:06, 26 May 2013

1) Whom for am I making my app?

- kids (own kids first)

2) Do I get feedback about usability?

=> some individuals become testers which is good (but demanding!)

- some have no feedback

- KLettres: users were happy to be able to add content themselves => how do we make it easy for users to create content (content workshop)

Conclusions

We'll follow up with the promo, website and content sessions.