Parley Practice NG 23rd attempt
Work on the parley practice happens in a branch here: Browse WebSVN online
Check it out:
svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/work/parley-practice/
remove old practice codeF
- does Paraphrase make any sense at all? no - remove paraphrase - it is not used in any single document we could find
- remove Antonym completely
- find an icon for stop practice (toolbar)
- idea: use the start practice with media-stop instead of media-play
- show the current grade of the word that is practiced in the grade widget
- get rid of current way of handling them in the lib? BIC!!!???!!!
- use a stringlist instead
- make it possible to edit them in the table - how to separate two of them? semicolon?
- change/rewrite dock widget
- practice options (is this really really needed?):
- accept any synonym as correct
- ask to enter all synonyms
- ask until the exact word that is wanted is there, but don't count other synonyms as wrong on the way there
Currently check boxes and radio buttons are shown ->remove radiosF
- is it OK to have options across all types of practice on the same page?
- language selection: instead of having two lists, just have one list containing "French → German" and "German → French"
Still missing are:
- Conjugations done right - argh
- Vocabulary test (school like) with good summary and "grade"
Easy ones reusing the written front end should be:
- Comparative forms, articles
- Example sentences
- Radio buttons make little sense here - I'd rather have 2-3 buttons - I knew it well, not good, not at all (?)
- Unset the selected choice after an answer (radio button)
- Showing the "I knew it"/"Did not know it" below the other radios looks bad
- Make number of multiple choice answers configurable in the config practice dialog
Hint needs to be implemented in a sane way (now it shows the solution directly)- done (Frederik) Feedback - when a new word is shown, it still says "Your answer was wrong"- done (Frederik)
- Ignore accent / capitzalisation mistakes is not implemented currently
- make sure that "I did (not) know it" actually does the right thing
- I think I just had an empty word shown - make sure they are filtered away
All Practice Modes
- Grading - how do we give grades, how do words advance? Especially when combining modes (doing FlashCard, MC and Written all in one go)
- every word that was answered correctly is shown as "right on first attempt" in summary - no way to get anything wrong :D maybe change that...
- feedback text: not "wrong idiot", not "I fear this was wrong.." but good sentences
- Needs detailed list of mistakes made in written, maybe other modes
- On the first (tab?) show the edit and (configure?) practice buttons, it is half empty anyway
- New rows are appended when pressing enter in the row above the last one, not in the last one - Qt 4.6 regression?
- changes in dock widgets are not reflected in table -> model needs to emit dataChanged for the view to update (not working since the editing happens without models knowledge)
Profiles and config and zip
- Instead of using current kvtml files, use the same with compression
- add images, sound and other media into the zip file
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.