KDEEdu/Parley/Todo

From KDE Community Wiki
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.

General

• New rows are appended when pressing enter in the row above the last one, not in the last one - Qt 4.6 regression?

Parley Practice NG 23rd attempt

Work on the parley practice happens in a branch here: Browse WebSVN online

Check it out: svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/work/parley-practice/

General

• remove old practice code F
  • does Paraphrase make any sense at all?
  • does Synonym/Antonym make sense? Put them together?
  • find an icon for stop practice (toolbar)
  • show the current grade of the word that is practiced in the grade widget

Configure Practice

• Currently check boxes and radio buttons are shown ->remove radios F
  • is it OK to have options across all types of practice on the same page?
  • language selection: instead of having two lists, just have one list containing "French -> German" and "German -> French"

Completely Missing

Still missing are:

• Conjugations done right - argh
  • Vocabulary test (school like) with good summary and "grade"

Easy ones reusing the written front end should be:

• Comparative forms, articles
  • Example sentences

Flash Card

• Radio buttons make little sense here - I'd rather have 2-3 buttons - I knew it well, not good, not at all (?)

Multiple Choice

• Unset the selected choice after an answer (radio button)
  • Showing the "I knew it"/"Did not know it" below the other radios looks bad
  • Make number of multiple choice answers configurable in the config practice dialog

Written

• Hint needs to be implemented in a sane way (now it shows the solution directly) - done (Frederik)
  • Feedback - when a new word is shown, it still says "Your answer was wrong" - done (Frederik)
  • Ignore accent / capitzalisation mistakes is not implemented currently
  • make sure that "I did (not) know it" actually does the right thing
  • I think I just had an empty word shown - make sure they are filtered away

All Practice Modes

• Grading - how do we give grades, how do words advance? Especially when combining modes (doing FlashCard, MC and Written all in one go)
  • no show solution button - not sure if it's needed - it is a bit irritating to press continue and not knowing if it will show the solution or not (it will)
  • every word that was answered correctly is shown as "right on first attempt" in summary - no way to get anything wrong :D maybe change that...

Summary

• Needs detailed list of mistakes made in written, maybe other modes
  • On the first (tab?) show the edit and (configure?) practice buttons, it is half empty anyway